14

Brendon Urie, the guy I've grown up with, the guy who is my best friend and the guy who is my Soulmate, loves me.

He loves me.

I didn't think I'd ever get my happy ending like this.

I haven't stopped smiling since then that day. It was such a weird and tingly feeling that brought butterflies to my stomach. It's as if I could explode out of sheer joy.

"So.. did he tell you?"

I send a glare in Pete's direction.

"That's a yes, right?", he asks once again with a small smirk. I shake my head, letting out a sigh as a smile crawls onto my face.

"So you DID do that on purpose.", I exclaim and he continues to smile. I sit up on the couch, adjusting my position. "Yeah, he did.. I'm just really happy, I feel complete again. It's like I'm no longer a Glitch."

"But Brendon still has Sarah's name on his wrist, right?"

I nod slowly. "Yeah but she doesn't have his anymore.", I reply. "It's just weird and confusing."

"But it's good! This means that you're not going to die, right?", Pete exclaims, I fidget with my hands and tear my glance away from him. I could see his smile instantly fade into a frown. "Oh god.. Ryan, please don't tell me you're still going to die."

"Uh.. Well..", my voice trails off and suddenly, I've lost ability to speak.

"Ryan, there has to be some way to save you."

Have I not told him about the surgery?

"There is a way but I'm still thinking about it.", I answer, my eyes darting the carpet.

"Well you better choose the right answer.", Pete says, standing up and making his way to the door. "I'm going now, I told Mikey that I'd pick him up in five minutes."

"It's fine, I have plans anyway."  I say, waving him off before flashing him a grin. "You must be madly in love with Mikey."

He beams back the same smile. "No shit, I'm just glad that we both got what we wanted.", he says, waving me goodbye. I watch him close the door as I let out a sigh.

I hold out my wrist, tracing Brendon's name with my finger. It's become a habit.

The surgery hasn't crossed my mind at all. I guess being alive is a good thing but losing the ability to feel emotions? I don't think anyone wants to feel numb their entire life.

Living life as someone who feels nothing, it just makes you seem inhuman. If you don't feel emotions, you literally lose your heart and the ability to do everything.

There won't be that joyful feeling you get when you're happy. There won't be tears after going through heartbreak and pain. There would be no nothing. It's only going to be the set feeling of feeling dull and empty for the rest of your life.

I can't help but think.. Is losing emotions really the only downside?

"Ryan?"

I jerk back, my head cranes towards the direction of where the voice came from.

"Brendon?! What the hell! You don't just come into someone's house by sneaking in through the back door!", I yell and he closes the door, making his way to where I was.

How did he even get in? Did he climb over the fence to get in the backyard?

"Sorry? Dreadful etiquette, I know. But you weren't bothered when I did that in sixth grade.", Brendon reminds me with a smile. I roll my eyes, folding my arms across my chest.