13

I did it.

I finally did it.

Ryan looks at me with wide eyes and they soften as they sparkle in the light.

"You.. You love me?"

"Yeah, I do. I didn't realize it before but now, I do and it's true.", I answer and Ryan smiles, it wasn't forced but a genuine smile. Something I haven't seen in forever. "Trust me Ry', everything is going to be okay. You're not going to die and I'll make sure of it."

"But I'm a Glitch, my fate is to die.", his voice slight cracks and I could see the tears forming in his eyes again.

"No. You're not going to die.", I assure him, gripping onto his shoulders. "We are going to change your fate and I will do whatever it takes to do that."

Okay, so you're probably wondering how this happened. Like, how I realized my feelings for Ryan.

Sarah texted me to meet her outside at the doors after school yesterday.

I was confused. I hadn't apologized to her yet after she wanted to make things official and I was afraid that she hated me for lying straight to her face.

I asked Pete to come with me, just in case she was going to get Breezy, Jenna and Debby to gang up against me.

Thankfully that didn't happen.

I got outside almost immediately after the bell rang, ignoring how Eric kept on glaring at me throughout the day.

I wonder what his problem was.

Pete ran behind me, out of breath once he caught up to me. He wasn't one to do sports, hell, he's not athletic at all.

Crowds of people walked by us, I recognized most of the students mainly because of musical theatre class. It was mixed with grades ten to twelve and wow, these kids sure have talent.

The grade nines, I know nothing about them except for the fact that they're terrible and absolutely dreadful. Some of the older students can't stand them, I understand why.

Sarah comes out, meeting my glance as she gave me a wave. Pete and I wave back, she walked towards us as we stand in place.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ryan and wanted to say hi to him. I opened my mouth to speak but I notice that Sarah gives me a dirty glare, I close my mouth and sink.

Sarah never had anything against Ryan, she saw him as a friend. Is this about him?

"Brendon, something weird has happened.", she whispered, her voice slightly cracked while she said the word 'weird'.

"What happened? It couldn't have been that weird.", I say, purposely cracking my voice and forcing it to go in a higher tone but she rolled her eyes.

I frown. I was only trying to lighten up the situation.

"Look.", Sarah demanded, she rolled down her sleeve and pushed her cardigan up her arm as she showed me her bare arm.

I analyzed it, inspecting it from every angle but I saw nothing.

"What exactly are you supposed to be showing me?", I asked as Pete peers from over my shoulder and he nods, not daring to say a word.

Sarah let out a heavy sigh. "This arm -  this wrist - had your name on it.", she said.

"What?"

"This wrist had your name. It had Brendon on it.", Sarah stated, explaining it slowly. "Now, it's gone and just really faint."