7

'Tick-tock' goes the clock. 'Tik-tok on the clock but the party don't stop' says Kesha.

It's not a song I listen to on the daily but I've got to say that it was pretty iconic, the older days were so much easier compared to what's happening today.

Time was passing by slowly and it was only the start of the day, this morning is going to be hellish, I just know it. I was sitting at my seat, Brendon was to my left and Pete to my right. Somehow we managed to score a class together and it's something I didn't need this semester, especially with Urie being my Soulmate.

I look up from my phone as Pete walks in, he takes the seat next to me and flashes a smile.

"Hey Ryan, how was your doctor's appointment?", he asks.

Of course, it just had to start with my appointment. There are a bunch of other topics out there in the world but it just had to be that.

"It was okay, nothing out of the ordinary.", I answer and he nods.

"So.. No updates about your soul?", he asks again but this time, his voice was low and as soft as a whisper.

"It's weakening, that's for sure.", I mumble and tear my eyes away from him, I'm sure he frowns before pulling out his own phone.

I guess some people can't accept the harsh reality, I don't blame them 'cause I can't either.

As a few more minutes went by, more kids came into the classroom and spoke about whatever was on their minds. Brendon came in too but I didn't look up to him. With that mini fight we had and with him going to be the cause of my death, there's no way I can look at him the same way.

The bell rings and the morning announcements begin. It was the same as always, welcome to our school, today's date and then the national anthem plays.

Our teacher walks in as another kid steps into the classroom during the anthem. He was tall, taller than me and roughly 5'9 at the most, he had a plain sky blue hoodie on. He also had dirty blonde hair and to tell you the truth, it looked like bedhair.

The boy fidgets in place, rocking back and forth. He seems to be quite anxious.

Is he new here?

The music stops and the announcers start speaking, promoting the clubs and after-school actovities. Nobody in class seems to care since they all started to speak over the system.

Wow, we love attentive listeners.

"Alright class, settle down.", my teacher says, everyone turns to face her and the new guy standing awkwardly next to her. "We have a new student joining our class today! Please make him feel welcome. Oh - go ahead and introduce yourself."

"Hi - uh - I'm Eric.", he says with with a smile, he looks to our teacher and she nods.

"Brendon, can you move to the back so Eric can sit next to Ryan?", she asks.

Brendon was about to refuse but our teacher only shot him a deadly glare, he lets out a sigh as he stands up and moves to the back.

Eric takes his place, now turning to face me.

"So, you must be Ryan.", he starts off and I nod.

"The one and only.", I say and he smiles, his eyes crinkle at the side which was something I didn't see everyday.

Maybe that was because I don't pay attention to people's eyes when they smile. The first thing that stands out to me has to be what they're wearing, one's fashion taste normally says a lot about their personality.