Chapter 12

18+ Warning

Val's POV

Shift went by fast.  Kim and I worked together and gathered multiple addresses that were associated with the gang.  Now that the shift is over, I chose to go home with Erin to get ready for the event tonight.  It really sucks that I can't get ready on my own and in peace instead of being watched over like a literal child.  I don't mind being around Erin but sometimes I just want my own time.

"You wanna get ready at my place or yours?" Erin asked while we both walked out to the car

"Let's get ready at your place.  It's safer than my place right now.  Just stop by so I can grab my things" I said

We both got into the car and Erin drove to my place.  I have a feeling tonight's going to be one hell of a night. 

-2 hours later-

Erin and I chilled for a bit when we got to her place.  We had a couple glasses of wine and talked about literally everything.  Especially the topic that I wanted to avoid talking about.

"So what's up with you and Jay?" Erin asked sipping her wine

"He thinks that I sleep with every guy that I flirt with when really I don't" I said

"I don't know. He always acts out when I talk to Kelly or am seen with him. He needs to understand that we're just friends. That's it"

"He's totally jealous. For sure"

"There's nothing to be jealous about."

"Whatever you say. I just know you'll both find your way back together anyways. You two you are meant to be"

"That's what I thought too before he cheated with some chick" I said gulping down all the wine

"Alright get up, we're gonna make you look sexy as hell tonight" Erin said drinking the last bit of her wine and standing up "come on" she said extending her arm out for me to grab

I bought this white tight bodycon satin dress that ties in the back in a criss-cross pattern. I put it on and then pair it with the red heels I bought. I then do my makeup giving my eyes the smokey effect and lips bright red that matches my heels color. I put on diamond earrings and a dangling choker necklace. For my hair, I lightly curled it to add some waves then tied it up into a ponytail. I leave a few strands out to give it some dimension. Once Erin and I finish with our last touches, we started to head out and make our way to the event.

-The Event-

Erin drives up to the valet and we both get out. I tip the valet driver then we both head inside. Once inside, there were so many familiar and different faces. Turns out this event is a fundraising event for the expansion of the 21st District precinct. As soon as Erin and I spot the bar, we both head over.