Ch.3

(New York)

(20 years later present time)

Reina POV

 Chaos.

 That's all I heard. People screaming out of fear and crying for a loss. This is the same dream that has plagued me since I was a little girl.

Tonight was no different, I woke up staring directly at the ceiling with Ruby's hands wrapped securely around my waist while she's still fast asleep.

It's still dark out, turning to look at the clock on the nightstand reading that it reads 1 AM. Not being able to sleep I get out of bed, careful not to wake up my wife. I placed my pillow where I was and she immediately snuggles into it, I smile. I love her so much she's my knight.

I make my way over to the balcony of our apartment. I Slowly slide the glass door open, stepping outside my face is attacked with cool air, bringing me a sense of calmness. I stop and look around at the city lights, my mind starts drifting about them, my so-called parents.

 I stop and look around at the city lights, my mind starts drifting about them, my so-called parents

^there balcony^

Always wondering what they look like? What their names were? Are they even alive? when is my real birthday? Do I have grandparents, aunts, uncles, maybe even a sibling basically what a family should have right?.

What my real ethnicity is? I have no idea what I am, because of that I learned five different languages English, Spanish, Italian, French, and Russian just as a what-if.

But my main question is, why did they abandon me? why leave me on the steps of a random stranger? why didn't they give me a chance? Did they ever love me? Guess not since there not even here.

Although, if they hadn't left me on those steps I would have never met my ruby. 

That's right, the person who lived in that house was two-year-old Ruby and her granny Beverly. Ruby's parents had died when she was a baby in a car accident, so her grandmother took custody of her.

Granny told me that when she found me, I was crying and the only thing I had was cute baby clothes and my baby blanket with my name embedded into it with a red ribbon.

That's the only thing I have left of my parents, they didn't even bother to give me a last name. Or a note saying when I was born, granny told me that I looked about a week old. So for my birthday was the day she found me, April 17th. That just makes me think that they really didn't want me.

Anyway, granny told me that when she held me in her arms. She looked into my eyes and said that I was her baby and she couldn't let me go. So she took me in, became my legal guardian and my only mother figure.