8

Caspian showed us a grand ship. The front had a design of a great dragon, the back being it's tail. It had enough room for 70 men or more.

It was the Dawn Treader

(A/N: The time period is still between the Prince Caspian and The Dawn Treader!)

We boarded the ship, Caspian and Peter being in control of the ship. Caspian brought his Professor with him. Although he didn't want to, the Professor insisted. His name was Cornelius.

Lucy and Susan shared a room, Caspian and Peter shared a room, Edmund and I...

No we didn't share a room.

Edmund and I had our own rooms. Thank goodness. I wouldn't want to be sharing rooms with anyone... I think.

Caspian allowed us to get some clothes and equipment from his castle for the trip. I packed some armour, a few dresses, a sword and a crossbow.

Believe it or not, what I told Edmund was very much true. I did know how to swordfight. My mother taught me as soon as I knew how to walk. She also taught me how to use a crossbow. I never got to ask her where she learned to swordfight or use a crossbow, she only told me "You'll understand someday..."

"We're moving!" shouted a crew member as we left Telmarine's castle

"So, ready?" Edmund says walking in my direction.

I look at him puzzled. "Ready for what?"

"The challenge."
"Oh that."

"It's okay. You can always back away from the challenge if you're too scared." he said, smirking with his eyebrows raised... my favorite expression.

"Oh I'm totally ready." I say getting the sword from the bag.

"You can back away, Edmund." I told him mockingly.

We both get into fighting stance. We both stand in the middle of the ship. The crew make a big circle enough for us to fight.

(Please just pretend y'all are on the ship, not on the beach.)

)