20

Oliver's P.O.V.

A week had past since the mist was released from the bottle. I had been steering the ship all on my own. The sun was almost going down. I knew that this would be the day they all wake up and realize we we're not where we originally were.

I heard a groan from the lower deck. I rushed to see where the sound came from. It was Edmund.

I took his groan as a sign that the effects were already wearing off. I quietly ran into the room to get into position.

Thirty minutes had past and at this point, I was hearing muffled voices and footsteps echoing around the ship.

Then it sounded like they were all gathering around one area. I decided to watch them through the window. They were all gathered around Edmund who looked... sick.

From a distance, I could see a bat trying to catch my attention. The bat was holding a bottle of some sort. It was hiding under an overhead, behind a barrel. I already knew who it was, although I couldn't talk to the bat yet. There were too many people.

Soon, they got off the ship and went into the island. Once the coast was clear, I sneaked out of my room, extra cautious to be sure no one was watching. Unfortunately I was cautious of everything except of what was in front of me.

I had bumped into Lucy.

This wasn't good. She probably already knows that I was the one who spread the mist.

"Sorry." I quickly stood up.

I was about to scamper out of her way though she didn't look angry. Maybe she doesn't know anything yet.

Instead of looking at me with anger, she looked at me as if she was about to give up.

Not knowing what to do, I attempted to make small talk and pretend that I didn't know what was going on.

"It's crazy how we're at the Mainland, huh?" I remarked. "How long do you think we were asleep?"

She didn't answer me.

I then noticed the redness in her eyes. Did she cry?

Was she okay?

"Uh... are you okay?" I asked.

She then burst into tears.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" I asked her, hesitantly putting my hands on her shoulders. I wasn't sure if it was okay with her.

She couldn't answer me. The image of her upset took over my mind completely. Everything else I was focusing on a minute ago, I had totally forgotten. Why?

Her body slowly leaned into mine and she just buried herself in my chest. She cried and cried and cried.

Following my instincts, I gave her a comforting hug. One hand of mine was stroking her hair. "Shhhh."

"This bottle isn't mine." she whimpered as she fiddled with the bottle in her hands. "I don't know what else to do to help Ed..."

"Let it all out, Lucy." I told her. "What else could you have done?"

She slowly looked at me as if she had an idea. "I could still look for the herbs needed!" she exclaimed as she pulled herself away from my grip and ran down the ship to recollect with the others.

I watched as she ran down. I was momentarily interrupted by what she said. "This isn't my bottle"?

A flashback of the bat holding a bottle in it's hand hit me.