17

"W-what?" I stuttered. "Edmund... you aren't just saying that because you're threatened by Oliver... right?".

He stayed quiet.

"Edmund, don't you trust me? You'll always be the one I choose." I told him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I know..." He answered. "But Y/N, I've loved you since day one. And I've never wanted to tell someone anything this much.".

"S-so... you're being serious?" I asked.

"Serious about this, and serious about you." he said as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

He pulled me in and kissed me passionately.

He loves me.

He actually loves me.

After a while, he pulled away.

"You don't need to answer me now, Y/N." He said as he locked his fingers with mine. "I'll give you time to think.".

"I don't need time." I told him. "I love you.".

A huge grin formed on his face. He stood up and held his hair out of excitement and joy. He walked around the room, not knowing where to go. I blushed and laughed at the vulnerable state he was in.

He faced me and chuckled. "Oh Y/N-". He jumped on the bed, and pushed me down, careful not to hurt me. He buried his head on my shoulders and I did the same.

We finally looked at each other. Our eyes were filled with passion and love. Our hearts were beating for us. Our minds mapping out what our future could be.

I loved him and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

"Let's tell them." Edmund whispered. He pulled me up so we were both sitting down.

"You mean-?" I asked. "But-".

Edmund's expression distracted me from finishing my sentence. He really wanted to tell them. I did too. I was just afraid of their opinion.

I sighed.

Edmund hugged me. "If we let this drag on for too long...",

"I know and you're right." I answered.
"Let's tell them tomorrow.".

Oliver's P.O.V

I took a peek outside to see if anyone was watching. Edmund had just left the room.

I took a deep breath and opened a small window.

I whistled to signal that no one was watching.

A bat flew in my room. I closed the window as soon as it entered the room. When it landed on the ground, it slowly morphed into a much bigger bat, my size, but with the face of a human.

(scene: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe Aslan death scene)

"So kid, did you get her yet?" asked the bat.

"No," I shook my head. "Not really.".

"I told you, you couldn't do it. You can't even make a stupid girl fall in love with you." remarked the man-bat.

"It's not that easy, okay? Someone's in my way." I told him. "Why do you want her anyway?".

"Hey hey hey! Stop with the stupid questions. Poke your nose in someone else's business." said the bat. "She's... special.".

"She's innocent!" I snapped. "She shouldn't be involved in our business.".

"The only reason why this is also your business is because of her." The bat said, "A deal is a deal.".

I sighed. "Are you sure she can do this?".

The bat scoffed. "Don't underestimate the White Witch. It'll be as easy as breathing.".

"Can she really?" I asked. "Bring my parents back?".

"Yeah." The bat said as he rolled his bat-like eyes. "But only if you do your part of the deal, kid.".

The bat then reached for something under his wing. "It's around here somewhere." he told himself as he spun in circles trying to get what he needed to get. "Aha!".

He handed me a small bottle full of green liquid. "Phase two of the plan." he said.

I gave the bottle a good look. "This will put the whole ship asleep in time for me to steer back?" I asked.

"You got it." he answered. "Just break the bottle and let it's fumes spread around the ship. Make sure you cover your breathing-holes or you'll fall asleep too."

"And how look will the effects last?" I asked.

"A week." Answered the bat. "That should give you just enough time to steer back to the Mainland and lead them to us.".

I sighed again. If I did this, I would have a chance to restart at life again with my family. I couldn't pass up such an opportunity. Even though I knew it wasn't right for them... But it was for me.

"It's gonna be okay, kid." the bat said. "You're putting a bunch of other people's life at stake for the sake of your family. Happens all the time.".

I gave him a funny look. Was he joking or being serious? Maybe both?

"Nah I'm just kidding." chuckled the bat. "Your family would be proud.".

Hes right. I'm right. This is right.

"I know." I told him. "I got this under control.".

"Hmmkay. Don't let us- uh I mean- your parents down." the bat replied.

He morphed back into his normal size and flew back out of the window that I had opened again for him.

The door then opened.

I quickly turned my head to see who it was.

"What were you doing?" asked Edmund.

"I'm was looking at... the... stars." I answered, trying not to be obvious.

"That's nice yeah- GET OFF MY BED!" he snapped. I needed to climb up his bed to reach the window.

"Oh sorry." I told him and walked back to my bed.

"Hey Oliver." Edmund called. "Goodluck with Y/N." he said with a smirk.

"Luck? I don't need luck." I scoffed.

"Oh you'll definitely need luck. Maybe even more." he smiled. "It's a big surprise.".

"It's probably not as big as suddenly falling asleep and waking up at the Mainland." I said under my breath.

"What?"He asked. "What are you planning?".

"I said it's probably not as big as falling asleep and waking up with Y/N in my arms." I said as I fluttered my eyelashes.

"Don't do that again. You looked horrendous." commented Edmund.

He then tucked himself in and fell asleep.

And so did I... at least I tried to.

I'm sorry to do this Y/N.

A/N: Hey readers! I know this one's a little short but I did need to cut it off at the right time. Take care <3🌻