21

The professor gently pulled on the plant from it's roots.

"We need a pot and fire. We have to boil some water." Cornelius ordered.

Members of the crew immediately followed his instructions and set up everything.

Lucy looked at me. "H-how did you do that?"

I looked at her, not acknowledging that I did anything because I didn't. "I didn't do anything." I replied. "Maybe it was there the whole time."

"But it couldn't possibly have." Susan remarked. "The whole area surrounding us is dead."

"Right." said Peter. "The herb we needed couldn't have just randomly placed itself right beside Ed."

"The Island Queen." Caspian mumbled.

We all looked at him. "What?"

"The Island Queen or Princess must be close. What if she saw us and decided to help?" Caspian assumed.

"So the whole time, she was in the Mainland watching us but never did anything about the plants that were dying?" Peter said with crossed arms.

"I'm sure she has some explanation." said Lucy.

Soon, the professor arrived with a big cup and some blue liquid inside. It didn't look like water. It's color was less transparent.

He sat Edmund up and slowly let the water flow into his mouth.

Edmund didn't swallow anything at first, but little by little, he was able to take the drink, he was then able to hold the cup himself and after while, sit up by himself without the support of the professor.

Our smiles became bigger and gleamed brighter than the sun everytime Edmund showed any sign of strength and recovery.

When he was finished he took the cup and looked inside.

"Isn't there any more?" he asked.

We all laughed and were glad to have him back. The Pevensies wrapped him in a big hug. I was already tearing up and was happier than words can describe.

Thank you.

When Edmund fully regained his strength, he attempted to stand up. He was a little woozy at first, but succeeded in the next tries.

When he was able to stand properly, I gave him the biggest hug I had even given to anyone. I practically jumped on him, causing us to both fall on the ground.

"Ed I'm so happy you're alright." I said and kissed him.

Our kiss only lasted a couple of seconds when Edmund nudged my arm.

I had totally forgotten there were still people around us.

I pulled away from him and helped him up. Everyone's eyes were on us, yet our hands still didn't part.

Peter looked at both of us. He didn't know what to say.

Edmund and I looked at each other. We then both faced Peter, Susan and Lucy.

A brief silence filled the air.

A smile formed on Peter's face. "Well it's about time."

Susan and Lucy grinned.

"W-what?" I asked. "You aren't mad?"

"Why would I be?" said Peter. "I sort of knew you both would end up together eventually."

"How?" I asked.

"You know, you two aren't the best at being secretive." Peter teased.

We all smiled at his remark.