18

Oliver's P.O.V.

I waited for everyone to fall asleep before getting the plan into action.

I even nudged Edmund to see if he was awake. He was not.

I left the room and headed to the center of the ship. I brought a damp cloth to cover my own nose.

Once I was in position, I heard a growl.

I looked behind me and saw a lion. A great lion. There was something about him that made him different from any other lion. He was majestic and looked powerful. Was it Aslan?

I took a step back. "W-who are you?!" I asked.

The lion stayed silent. He looked at the bottle in my hand and gently blew it.

A cold gust of mist escaped the bottle. It wasn't green, but icy blue. Images started taking form in the mist.

It was my parents. They were looking at me. I was on the verge of crying when I saw them. "M-mother? Fath-father?" I stuttered.

They were just standing together, hand in hand. They looked at the bottle in my hand and shook their head in disapproval. They looked to their right in sympathy. It was Y/N. Her image wasn't icy blue like the rest of the images that were portrayed on the mist, but red. She was... crying and screaming in pain.

All I could do was watch the images. Edmund was in the mist too. He was icy blue and not red like Y/N and he was trying to get to her. Shouting her name. Wanting to save her. But he couldn't because he was being held back by chains.

Scream after scream. Shout after shout.

Was this all my doing?

"W-what's going on?!" I asked, scared. "TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I shouted.

The mist then burst into nothing. The remaining particles went back into the bottle.

I was sweating and panting. I looked back to ask the lion what happened, but when I did, he was gone.

I broke down and just cried. I was lost and confused. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't continue the plan. I didn't want to. Not anymore. Not after what I saw.

My parents would not be proud of me.

I sobbed and sobbed. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Lucy?

I quickly stood up and wiped my tears.

"Are... you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah totally." I said laughing. "Why are you up?".

She looked down and looked back up at me. "I heard you shouting.".

I let out a disappointed sigh. How could I forget people were asleep? "I saw a cockroach.".

"Y-you saw a... c-cockroach?" Lucy asked in disbelief.

"It's a phobia." I answered. "You can go back to sleep, Lu. I'm alright."

"Oh okay." She said as she turned around to leave. She walked to her room but just as she was about to open the door, she looked at me. "Oliver, you can tell me anything." and smiled.

When she left, I sighed.

I wish I could.

I stood back up and walked back into my room.

Once I was on my bed, I took the bottle and looked at it. I just looked at it as I thought if I should continue.

A green mist then escaped from the bottle.

This time, it showed images of my family applauding. I was in the mist too. I was hugging them.

"If it we're not for you we wouldn't be here, Oliver." said my mother as she ran her fingers through my hair.

Seeing her doing that made me feel loved. Her saying that was enough to make me smile.

"Yeah." father chuckled. "Imagine if you didn't pull through with the plan? You'd be alone!".

W-what?

My family, even my own image faced me. They smiled and circled around me chanting,"Alone! Alone! Alone! Poor Oliver, Alone! Alone! Alone! Dead mom, dead dad, sister forgot you! Alone! Alone! Alone! Poor Oliver, Alone..." again and again.

My smile had quickly turned into a scared expression. My head spun in circles as the mist figures danced around my head, chanting "Alone" all over and over again

Their smiles grew bigger and bigger. Almost out of their faces. Like a semi-circle connecting to become a full circle.

I tried to swash the mist away so it could go back into the bottle like a while ago, but it didn't work.

A sword sliced though the mist, visibly cutting it in half. The mist disintegrated and went back into the bottle.

When the mist cleared, I saw Edmund. He was the one with the sword.

"What was that?" he asked me angrily.

"I-" I stuttered. "It was-".

He pointed the sword at the side of my throat. "What are you planning, Oliver?".

I had to think of an answer, and fast.

"I-I found it!" I said. "Pug... dropped it.".

"H-He dropped it?" he asked in disbelief. "He dropped it and you just- took it?

He lowered his sword and reached out his hand for the bottle.

I hesitantly handed the bottle to him. I didn't have a choice.

He looked at the bottle. A few seconds later, his eyes widened in fright. As if he saw something that traumatized him.

He looked at me and looked back at the bottle. "What were you planning on doing with this bottle?" he asked angrily.

"I d- I don- I-"
"Answer me!" he shouted.
"The White Witch said that she could bring my family back, okay!?" I answered. I was cornered.

"I knew it." he said. "Traitor!" he shouted.

"What else was I supposed to do?! I was alone in this world! What other purpose do I have?! What other choice?!" I shouted. "I'm sorry.".

"Sorry isn't going to take back what you did, or what you were about to do.". he said.

He stormed out of the room with the bottle in his hand. I quickly followed behind him.

He was about to throw the bottle out into the sea when I jumped on him. The bottle dropped on the floor and broke on impact.

Green mist escaped from the bottle and spread quickly. Edmund looked at me. "What did you do?!" he asked angrily as his eyelids slowly closed. He fell asleep.

I quickly got up and moved as far from the bottle as possible. I picked up the damp cloth which I had left in the middle of the ship and covered my nose.

The green mist crept on the ships floor like spreading water or an ant colony. I watched as it seeped through every hole in the ship. From doors and windows to  spaces in floorboards. I put my second hand over the cloth to secure it.

It took about fifteen minutes before the mist cleared completely.

The sun was already rising.

I uncovered my nose and looked around.

There was no going back now.

a/n: hello everyone! Im sorry there's hardly any Y/N and Ed action here but I thought that having a whole chapter dedicated to Oliver will emphasize how important he is to the story :) either way, I hope you enjoyed!