Chapter 1:Happy Birthday!

Tinashe Kachingwe:

I walked into the school with my bag on my shoulder and popped my gum extra loud.

"Good morning miss Kachingwe." My principle, Mr. Harris gave me a smile.

"Good morning sir." I nodded towards him.

"Happy birthday Tinashe!" This random girl told me.

"Thanks boo." I opened my locker and started getting my books out for class.

Yup, today is my 17th birthday. I'm in 12th grade now because I skipped a grade.

I plan on making this day bigger and better than my Sweet 16.

I spent months planning this with help from my big brother Chris...yes, my brother is The Chris Brown.

He's just four years older than me.

Just as I was about to close my locker I felt a sting on my ass.

I whipped around and stood face to face with August. The biggest jackass in the entire school.

He was laughing along with his friends.

I suddenly felt my face getting warm.

"Do it again. I dare you." I whispered through gritted teeth.

"Aight." He was about to slap my ass again but Mr. Harris walked by again.

"Mr. Alsina, come by my office after school." He told him.

"Aight Mista' H." August said.

I tried to ease to class without them noticing.

"Aye, Tinashe, this ain't ova' baybeh! Far from it!"

I rolled my eyes and walked in the class just as the bell rang.

August Alsina:

The bell rang meaning it was time ta' get our black asses outta there and head ta lunch. Ya heard meh?

I was walking to the cafeteria with my niggas.

They was slackin' while I was thinkin' about a special someone. Tinashe.

I like everything about her. Like, seriously.

I like the way her boobs sit in the shirt that she's wearing today, I like that she calls everyone boo...her attitude, it's everything man.

"Aug!" Trey snapped his fingers in my face.

"What nigga?" I asked pushin' his hand out my face.

"She asked you what you wanted for lunch." He said referring to the lunch lady.

"Oh uh, i'll take da' hamburger put cheese on it." I told her.

They shit be nasty as hell! I fuckin' swear. But, I gotta do what I gotta do 'cause once I get home that's it. Ain't nothin' at da' house.

We grabbed our trays and looked for a table.

I saw Tinashe sittin' by herself until her home girl joined her.

"Aye, y'all wanna sit ova there?" I pointed to her table.

"Hell nah, bruh!" Brian answered. "Why not nigga?" I asked him.

"Yeah, why not?" Trey asked. "'Cause I don't fuck with them bitches." He said. I smacked my lips at him and walked over to Tinashe's table.

I turned around and they all was just standin' there lookin' stupid.

"Either y'all comin' or ya ain't. Which one is it?" I asked them.

They all shook their heads and sat down at the table.

I turned back around and faced Tinashe. She had a annoyed expression on her face.

I smirked at her.

"Wassup ma?"

"Fuck you August!" She rolled her eyes. "Damn, why you always gotta have a attitude with a nigga?" I asked her.

She just stayed silent.

"Well, happy birthday." I got up and walked out.

Tinashe Kachingwe:

"Well, happy birthday." August sighed and walked out of the cafeteria.

I know he ain't mad?

If he is ion care. He pisses me off all the time and now he wants to get mad at me?

Fuck that shit!

"What's up with him?" My best friend, India asked the boys.

"He's tired of chasing after Tinashe and He's tired of you always giving him a stank attitude T." Trey explained.

"Well, i'm tired of him always being a jackass." I dumped my tray and walked out the cafeteria.

I bumped into August.

I looked up as he glared at me.

"Move." He said. "You move. I was here first." I replied.

He smacked his lips and pushed me to the side walking off.

"Happy birthday to me."