then maybe you should tell her that

Above: Ev's flat

_______________

"How was your night last night?" Jack asked me as I walked into the office, evidently happy. "It was.. interesting." I replied, putting my stuff in my office. "Interesting? What happened?" Jack asked, standing in my office doorway. "Promise not to tell anyone? Not a single soul?" I said, and Jack nodded, smirking. "It was cool and all, seeing Harry play and spending time with Ara, but the real highlight was when Niall Horan, as in the famous Niall Horan, asked if I had plans for tonight. Can you believe that? I'm going on a date with a celebrity." It still felt surreal.

Jack didn't look as pleased as I thought he would be, and I started to rethink my choice in telling him about Niall at all. "Look, that's great and all Ev, but what happens if he meets some sort of supermodel or something and breaks your heart?" Jack said, unenthused. "Woah, blunt much?" I frowned, walking towards reception. "I'm just saying, Ev. Have you ever dated a celebrity?" Jack questioned me. "No, but apparently you have since you seem to know so much about it?" I furrowed my eyebrows, becoming increasingly annoyed with him.

"No, I haven't but I just..." Jack trailed off, and I heard the door close behind me. I turned around to see Harry standing there, his hands in his coat pocket. "Harry, hi. Sorry, we were just having a discussion. What can I do for you?" I said, before turning to glare at Jack. Harry looked sympathetically towards Jack before turning his attention to me. "Hey, Ara and I picked our location. We really like these cliffs just outside of London. Do you think we can go out there and check it out soon?" He said, handing me back my catalogue.

"Of course! I'll set it right up." I said, walking back into my office. I could hear Jack and Harry mumbling, and I stopped typing in order to hear what they were saying.

"You look upset." Harry said. "Well, wouldn't you be upset if the woman of your dreams just told you she's been swept off her feet by some major celebrity?"

Sorry. What?

"What are you talking about?" Harry sounded both confused and curious. "She told me she's going out with Niall tonight, you know, your good ol' buddy Niall? He's waltzed in and ruined everything for me." Jack sounded so defeated. I felt awful. "I didn't know he asked her out on a proper date. I'm sorry, lad. Are you okay?" Harry asked, like a concerned friend. "I will be when she realizes that he's not all that and then..." Jack trailed off. "And then what? You'll sit here and watch her walk in every morning and never say anything about how you feel?" Harry said, and I had to cover my mouth. Harry just completely roasted him.

"Woah there, that is not what I'd do. I'd tell her how I feel." Jack countered. "You're not fooling anyone. If you want her you have to tell her, no matter what." Harry said and I felt myself smiling. Hearing Harry Styles give Jack relationship advice was really quite something. I quickly printed off some pages and walked back out into reception.

"Okay, we're all set for this afternoon at 3 PM. I emailed Ara the directions, so I'll see you there?" I said as normally as possible, trying to ignore all of the information I'd just learned by accident. "Sounds good, see you then." Harry said, walking out of the building.

"I need these pages photocopied, thanks." I said curtly. "Wait, Evelynn. I'm sorry for what I said. I'm happy for you. I just don't want you to get hurt." He said, and it sounded like he meant it. I forced a smile at him and walked back to my office, shutting the door and letting out a huge breath.

_____________

"Ara, where's Harry?" I said, closing the door to my car and walking over to her. "Running late, I guess." She shrugged, and I decided to pry a little further. "Are you okay, you seem a little upset." I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. "To be honest, I'm not. I found that catalogue you gave Harry tucked away in a kitchen drawer. I was up late thinking about how, if I hadn't found it, maybe he would have just kept it there. Maybe he's having second thoughts now and I'm not sure what to do about that. He's been so distant lately. I can't have a conversation with him anymore. It's like he's rethinking everything." Ara sighed, leaning her head on my shoulder.