if it wasn't overtly obvious

Above: how I envisioned the business fair Jack and Ev attend in this chapter

________________

"Sorry, he said what now?" Maddie practically spit out her cereal. I nodded, sipping my coffee. "I know, right? Just out of no where." I huffed. "I told you he was into you." Maddie smirked and I shook my head. "I think he was drunk." I decided, choosing to believe that there was no way sober Harry would have ever said anything like that.

"He had like two drinks, Ev! You really think someone like him gets drunk after two drinks?" Maddie scoffed.

I shrugged. "I have to go to the office. Have fun nursing your hangover." I laughed and she flipped me off before I walked out the door and walked to my car. I looked at the swing in front of my flat for a solid two minutes, just recalling the previous night before deciding to head out.

He had to of been drunk.

I drove to the office quickly, surprised to see that Jack was already there.

I walked through the front door and saw him sitting there reading a textbook. He looked like he was actually focused on school for the first time in his life. Too bad I was about to distract him.

"Get your game face on, my friend. We have a wedding to cancel." I stated and Jack dropped the textbook straight to the ground. "What the fuck? We do?" He asked and I nodded. "Harry and Ara have decided to suspend wedding planning until further notice. We need to cancel all of those flower shipments coming next week along with the fabric samples as well." I said, snapping my fingers for dramatic effect.

"Ev, we're going to need a new client. How do you suppose we pull that off?" Jack said in a weirdly suspicious way. "I can go and scout for you, if you want?" He offered. I shook my head. "You don't have to do that. I'm way ahead of you, we're going to the north London business fair today. We'll swing something." I said hopefully.

Jack looked kind of defeated but shrugged. "Okay, sounds good. But we don't really have any pictures of work to show. We've done nothing, Ev." Jack pointed out. "Fair enough, but we'll advertise ourselves as a put-together duo who have just moved to London. We are not relying on Harry and Ara anymore and I have never felt more free." I stated and Jack raised an eyebrow at me.

"Just cancel that stuff and gather this list of things for the fair. We're leaving at 11 AM sharp." I sighed before heading to my office.

_________

"And you two are wedding planners?" a woman asked Jack and I. "Well, I am. Jack here is an assistant in my office. I just moved to London from New York, and I'm really looking forward to starting a career here." I smiled sweetly. "From America, you say? How quaint, America is so fascinating. You and your fast food chains and amusement parks. So interesting." The woman said before walking away. Jack put an arm on my shoulder. I sighed.

"Ev, this is a hopeless shit show. We should pack up and get some lunch." He said and I shook my head. "No, we're not giving up. We'll land a client today. We have to." I said, shooting him a glance. Jack raised his hands up in defense.

"Well, who do we have here?" A voice called, causing both Jack and I to turn our heads.

And, what do you know? It's Harry.

Of course.

"Harold, my man! How've you been?" Jack said, shaking his hand. I gave Jack a weird look and he glared at me. "You just saw me yesterday." Harry laughed. "That's just how much I love ya, buddy." Jack beamed.

"Harry, why on earth are you out at a London business fair?" I asked. It seemed odd that he would be here. "Jack texted saying that you guys would be here and that if I showed, it would help out the business." He chuckled, walking behind our display and dropping his things, pushing up his sleeves and sliding his sunglasses onto his face. "I'm ready to work, chief." He saluted me.