woke up and wanted to talk to you

Above: Jack's hoodie design- just imagine it with the logo described below

________________

"I missed you!" Maddie engulfed me in a hug and I smiled. "I missed you too." I said, wrapping my arms around her. Jack coughed behind us and I rolled my eyes. "You know, Ev, I'm starting to get the vibe that our friends like you slightly more than me." He joked and we all laughed.

"So, how was California? Are you sad Harry stayed for an extra week?" Maddie pushed and I shook my head. "Not at all. It was so nice, really beautiful and so warm. It genuinely felt like a vacation." I replied, before my phone buzzed and I looked down at it.

"Who is it? Is it him? Is he asking if you landed safely?" Maddie gushed and I rolled my eyes. "No." I lied. The message was in fact, exactly that.

Hey, I did the math and figured you should be on the ground around now. Thanks for tagging along for a few days, it was a joy. Can't wait to see you when I'm back. Have fun babysitting Jack the text read. I felt my cheeks heat up as I typed back.

Thanks, Harry. We just landed safe and sound. Miss you already :(

I wasn't sure if that was too forward but I wasn't really worried. I think that we both know how we feel toward one another, or at least I know how he feels about me. I'm not sure he's aware of my feelings.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure if I'm entirely aware of my feelings.

"So, when he comes back to London are you guys going to go out or something?" Maddie asked. "Um, I don't think so." I trailed off and Maddie gawked at me. "You don't think so? What the hell, Evelynn? I told you to do something on that trip." Maddie half yelled, causing me to widen my eyes at her.

"Would you relax? I don't even know how I feel about him, I'm not just going to go out on a date with him." I said and Maddie sarcastically laughed, shaking her head. "Ev, need I remind you that we're talking about Harry Styles? What is there for you to figure out?"

Maddie just didn't get it. He was a human being, not some god. I know he's a big deal, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to be a part of that world yet.

_________

The next day I was sitting in my office when a knock on the door startled me. I looked up, and to my surprise, saw Ara, who I hadn't seen in quite a while.

"Ara, hi, have a seat, I'll ge-" "Save it. I won't be here long." She said curtly, causing my eyebrows to furrow in confusion. "Okay, what can I do for you?" I felt like I was on thin ice and I didn't know why. Ara pulled out her phone and showed me a picture that was attached to an article with a headline that read Harry Styles and Mystery Girl on a Private Beach Enjoying the LA Sunset.

My eyes went wide and I stood up, ready to protest the photo.

"Look, I really liked you, I enjoyed your company, I confided in you, and the whole time you were trying to steal him? I cannot believe you, you're actual filth. Why don't you go home and crawl back into the New York sewer that you came from? Unbelievable." Ara scoffed, and I tried not to feel hurt by her angered words.

"You don't know the whole story. We're not together, I wasn't trying to steal him. This is just some sleazy, random article. Jack was there too, but they conveniently left him out of the image." I protested. Ara rolled her eyes.

"That's not even close to my point." She dead-panned. I threw my hands up in confusion. "Then what is your point?" I was at a loss. Ara sat down in the chair in front of my desk, her mood shifting from angered to defeated. "He never took me there. To LA, I mean. He talked about taking some time off there but we never went. I knew him for a year and he's known you for a few months." She practically whispered.