he's got a thing for you

Above: the park featured in the end of the chapter and the beginning of the next one

__________________

I whipped my head around to the door and saw Ara standing there, looking dejected.

"What do you mean, your ideas from last night?" Ara said, visibly confused. Before I could tell her the full story, Harry spoke up. "Last night when I was at the studio, I called her to discuss some things I'd like to see in the wedding, since I haven't had much input lately." Harry glared and I frowned at him.

So, he hadn't told her where he was last night. He lied to me.

"Oh." Ara said, her guilt coming back. "Harry, I'm sorry. I don't want to make you feel excluded. I hope you know that." Ara sighed. I couldn't stop glaring at Harry, who is outright lying to his fiancé right now.

"Let's just go home and talk, okay Ara? We need to work out some things." Harry said before proceeding to leave the room behind Ara. He quickly turned around and looked at me. He knew I was mad.

"Please just let me handle this. Please." He said and I stared blankly at him.

"Get out of my office, Harry." I glared and he sighed before turning around and leaving. I sat back in my chair and sighed deeply.

What the hell had I gotten into?

________

"Maddie!" I called, watching her get out of the cab. Maddie is my closest friend from NYU and she was here to visit for a few weeks and check out my business.

I know I said that I wasn't close with many people from back home, but Maddie is the only exception. We met in the third year of university and have been tied at the hip ever since. When I told her I was heading to London, she was sad, but so beyond happy for me.

"Ev! I've been waiting for this moment for so long!" She called, running towards me with her suitcase. She hugged me tightly and I smiled. I missed her so much.

"You need to tell me everything about this wedding you're planning." She gushed, once we were inside and settled. "Honestly, it's the biggest mess. Ara is constantly changing shit and Harry is-" Maddie cut me off. "You didn't tell me the names of the bride and groom over the phone, when you say Harry do you by any chance mean the famous boyband one?" Maddie asked, her eyes lighting up.

Before I could answer, she shook her head.

"Oh who am I kidding. There's tons of Harrys in England. It's not him." She said, sipping her glass of water. "Um." I began and she raised her eyebrows at me. "It actually is-" "Shut up. Shut your damn mouth Evelynn O'Connor." She deadpanned.

I laughed a little. "Yeah, I know it's hard to believe, but it really is him." I explained. "Is he as attractive in person as he is in photos?" Maddie asked. I hummed and hawed. Harry definitely was very attractive, there's no doubt. But he's also engaged.

"Yeah he is, but he's less attractive because he's engaged, it's not like he's exactly on the market." I admitted, and Maddie laughed. "Okay, fair." She said. "How on earth did you swing Harry Styles as a client?" Maddie asked me. "I actually swung Ara. I had no idea she was marrying Harry Styles until they showed up at the office together." I shrugged.

"Do you think they'll stay married?" Maddie questioned. I smiled. "I don't even know if they're going to make it down the aisle." I said honestly. Maddie's eyes widened. "Why? They're not right for each other? Is Harry falling in love with someone else?" Maddie said whimsically. I rolled my eyes. "They just can't agree on anything, it's so-" my phone ringing cuts me off before I can answer and I look down.