𝙸𝙸 - 𝚅𝚘𝚒𝚍, 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚣𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚍

'' But why nobody wants to tell me anything ?! ''

Morrigan's high and angry voice rose in the lobby's hotel, but no one seemed to pay attention to her. For a few days now, she had been trying at all costs to learn a little more about the mysterious death of Jupiter's friends. But, no one at the Deucalion wanted to tell her anything. If they really knew something, anyway.

'' Morrigan, come on '' says Charlie, the chauffeur of the Deucalion. '' What's this new obsession you have with the Captain's friends ? ''

'' But Charlie ... it's not an obsession ! '' She protests, now embarrassed. '' It's just ... I don't want to talk about it with him, I'm afraid of making him sad. But nobody wants to tell me the cause of their deaths and it's starting to make me completely crazy ''

Frank the vampire dwarf passed by there at the same time, by the greatest chance. But Morrigan was convinced that he had spied on them from the Music Salon, from which one we could feel an enormous excitement barely contained. Dame Chanda was practicing her vocalizations.

'' Morrigan, how about helping me prepare our little party of tonight ? Martha and Charlie have a lot of work, we shouldn't... ''

But Frank didn't finish his sentence. The front door of the hotel opened very agressively, to let Jupiter in, followed very closely by Kedgeree the concierge, running behind him.

'' North, come on, be reasonable. Let me at least get rid of your... ''

'' Kedgeree, please. Give... give me just two minutes okay ? ''

Pale face, Jupiter didn't even look at Morrigan. He climbed the stairs as quickly as possible, trying to hide his face. Morrigan felt an huge weight descend in her entrails, and a panic fear spread throughout her body.

'' But, what's wrong with North tonight ? '' Exclaims Dame Chanda, who was going upstairs when Jupiter had arrived like an arrow to cut her off the stairs. '' Kedge ? ''

The concierge looked at them seriously and shaken, before blocking on Morrigan.

'' Can you go in you room rest a little, darling ? Vacations are almost done, you should start to go to sleep a little bit sooner, don't you think ? ''

'' WHAT ? '' Exclaims Morrigan. '' But I want to know what's going on ! Jupiter seems to have seen a ghost ! ''

Kedgeree looked at her severely. She thought she saw a shadow crossing his eyes when she'd finished her sentence.

'' Morrigan, please. It's a conversation you shouldn't hear, you... "

'' I WANT TO KNOW ! ''

Her voice echoed so loudly in the lobby that some customers turned to watch this rude little girl.

'' It's... he's my patron. My friend. If something's wrong with him, I need to know ''

'' Morrigan...''. Martha ran to her, then pulled her away to take her up the stairs.

'' Believe me, '' she adds. If the Captain wants to tell you what's bothering him, he will. Now go to your room to rest ''

'' But... '' she began.

'' And no detour to Jupiter's office, young girl ! '' Charlie exclaims from the bottom of the stairs, returning to his tasks.

Morrigan rolled her eyes. Walking like a ghost in the corridors to her room, a hundred hypotheses crossed her mind. What was wrong with Jupiter ? Why did he seem... out of his body when he got home ? What was Kedgeree trying to hide from her ?