ONE SHOT •4

Morrigan was hot. Lying in the shade of a tree in the Deucalion's garden with Jack and Jupiter, she tried by all means to ignore the overwhelming heat of this summer day. Fortunately, the shade of the tree on which she and Jack were leaning on gave them a minimum of freshness.

" I can't do it anymore, " Jack moans, shaking his fan no matter how in a vain attempt to cool off.

" Stop complaining, " launches Jupiter absently, sunglasses on his nose, obviously not bothered by the sun tapping his red head. " Winter is finally over, you should be delighted "

Amused to see her patron trying to sunbathe, Morrigan could not help but laughing. He didn't seem to realize that he was dangerously taking the color of a vanilla / strawberry ice cream.

" Why are you laughing ? " He asks her suspiciously, theatrically dropping his glasses on the tip of his nose.

" Are you sure you don't even want to put on just a sprig of sunscreen, Jupiter ? " She tries one last time.

" No Mog, I want to tan faster. Frank told me that it was easier without protection "

Lying back comfortably in the grass, he seemed happy with himself, impatient to see the result of his little tanning session.

" Uncle Jove, " then comments Jack, weary. " Are you sure you want to listen to Frank's advice on how to be less pale ? "

" Yeah, " adds Morrigan. " The advice of an vampire dwarf, above all "

Without a word, Jupiter sighed heavily before removing his glasses and picking up his blanket.

" It doesn't matter, it's too hot anyway, " he growls, going towards the hotel.

" We were just kidding, Uncle Jove ! " Exclaims Jack, a half open eye.

" I have work to do, " he mumbles, making a vague gesture of his hand before closing the door of the hotel behind him.

" I think he's upset, Jack, " said Morrigan, feeling a little guilty.

" Maybe, but at least thanks to us it doesn't look like a crayfish "

Shrugging, finally agreeing with him, she got up in her turn to go back inside. She really didn't understand why she went outside when it was much cooler in the hotel.

" Where are you going ? " Jack asks her.

" I go back inside, I'm starting to be super tired "

" But it's only two o'clock ! " He exclaims, disappointed.

" Yeah well, it's not my fault, " she says before resuming the path of Deucalion.

There were a bunch of customers inside. All crammed into the Music Room, where a very powerful air conditioning had been installed, they listened with great attention Jupiter tell them about his adventures in his League of Explorers.