𝙸𝚇 - 𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚘𝚏𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚠𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢

When Morrigan opened her eyes, it was the next morning. Her first lesson had exhausted her so much that she slept until the next day without waking up just once. But, she had aches absolutely everywhere. She used her power with so much intensity, that it had tremendously damaged her body. She didn't even want to imagine what state she would be in if she ever used her power to the full. She had shivers of terror.

It was raining outside when Morrigan was taking her breakfast in the kitchen. Bundled up in a big black sweater that she had stolen from her patron ( it was the only black dress Jupiter had in his wardrobe ), she was lost elsewhere, somewhere far in the fields surrounding this old house. It was so cold. Perhaps she will venture to make a fire in the fireplace.

Then Squall, very early as usual, appeared at her side. Morrigan dropped some of her apple on the ground, her mouth full.

'' You haven't done your job properly, Miss Crow ''

She swallowed askew, and nearly choked.

'' But what are you talking about, now ? '' She asks, trying to drink her hot chocolate to calm her cough.

'' I think that I very clearly ordered you to prevent our dear Captain from going after you, right ? Now this fool turns over Nevermoor entirely with the help of the Stealth to find you ! ''

He had raised his voice, looking furious. Morrigan was so surprised that her mouth was wide open. So like that, Jupiter was still looking for her... even if she was angry that he didn't listened to her, she was secretly reassured. He'll save her from this place very soon. And never again will she leave him.

Morrigan should to look silly in this outfit, hot chocolate all around her mouth. Squall was about to explode, but then he closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again.

'' Go upstairs, and choose some another clothes, I don't care. Our second lesson begins in ten minutes ''

'' What ? Already ? But, it's only eight in the morning ! ''

'' I think that you didn't understand the situation very well, Miss Crow. You're not here in a vacation club. Now go upstairs to change yourself, and come here in the next ten minutes. RIGHT NOW, '' he yells.

Not waiting any longer, Morrigan placed her bowl of hot chocolate on the table and ran upstairs to dress, and washing her face. Fortunately, she didn't have to move the couch again, since she was already asleep on it last night.

'' You almost made me wait, '' Squall replies when he saw her coming into the room.

'' You shouldn't choose to live in a two-story house if you're so impatient, you know, '' she retorts.

Squall had his cruel smile on his lips.

'' Oh, you want to play the smartest ? No problem, Miss Crow. Now in place. Yesterday was just the training. You're going to do the same thing, but this time you'll not just move a poor book. I want you to move this sofa ''

While Morrigan exhausted herself tirelessly for more than two hours and tried by all means to move that sofa, Jupiter was him on the roads of Nevermoor in search of his candidate. When he returned at the Deucalion that evening without any new leads, he was exhausted and hungry. But he neither had the desire to sleep, or to eat. Jack, his nephew, was waiting for him firmly in the hall.

'' So ? '' He hastens to ask. '' Any news ? ''

Jupiter shook his head, sullenly. Jack was baffled. If neither the Stealth and neither his uncle could find even a trail to find Morrigan... it meant ... it meant...

'' I forbid you to think about such a thing, John ''

Jupiter's voice was roaring with anger. He looked at his nephew with flashes in his eyes. He had never called him by his real name.

'' Morrigan is not... she is... she is not de... she's fine. I'm sure. I'm going to find her. I promise you ''

He planted his ocean eyes in Jack's, his hands on his shoulders.

'' You believe me, right ? '' He asked, looking pleading. '' Please, Jack, tell me you believe me. I'm begging you. Otherwise, if you don't, I... I don't know if... I couldn't... ''

'' Hey, Uncle Jove... stop. Obviously I believe you. We'll find her. I'm sure of it too. I trust you for that ''

Reassured, Jupiter took a deep shaky breath. It had been difficult for him to breathe properly in these recent weeks. He took Jack with him to the kitchen, and the two of them ate grimly in the hotel kitchens.

'' Do you remember when Morrigan and I didn't get along at all ? '' Suddenly asks Jack.

His voice echoed a little between the stainless steel worktops. An amused smile spread across Jupiter's lips.

'' Oh yes, you two were constantly fighting ! It was so tiring, '' he adds, rolling his eyes. '' I almost felt like an adult, do you realize that ? ''

'' I must admit that it was weird to see you take on an authoritarian role. Normally, it is rather the role of Kedgeree or Fen ! ''

'' Hey ! '' Exclaims this one. '' I still looked after you very well ! ''

'' Of course you did, '' Jack answers, looking up, amused. '' But you still have to admit that you're not... let's say... the best person to talk about a strict parent ''

'' Yeah, you may be right, '' replied Jupiter thoughtfully, his mouth full of strawberry cake.

And then they both laughed for a long time remembering all the memories spent with Morrigan, without imagining that further, in the countryside, in an old house, a little girl was lying on the ground, almost unconscious and exhausted, without any strength after having used her power so intensely.