𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸 - 𝙾𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚓𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚎, 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚜

Morrigan woke up very early the next morning. Having cried most of the night, she hadn't really slept. She missed the Deucalion terribly. She had been lost this morning when she woke up alone, in an empty room. She had become so used in these past few years to wake up with life around her. Customers walking in the corridors, the laugh of Jupiter and Jack, which made Fen mad...

But, not this time. She had woken up in a dirty, silent, lifeless house. It was a real heartbreaker. But not wanting to be put down, she quickly recovered. After taking a shower in the shabby bathroom ( the shower had at least had the benefit of having hot water ), she went downstairs for breakfast. After all the emotions of the day before, she needed strength, and she was starved.

Drinking her orange juice very quickly, she absently observed the landscape through the little dusty kitchen window. The sun had just risen. There was still morning rosé on the grass in the little courtyard.

Morrigan sighed heavily. She was... disillusioned. This house was depressing, she was far from the people she loved, she was terrified of what Ezra was going to teach her during their first lesson, and she was all alone.

But there was at least one in four things she could fix. She may not have been able to return to Nevermoor, but she could still clean the house. And after all, it wasn't like she had something else to do while waiting for Squall to come.

With new energy, Morrigan quickly rose from her chair, and thoroughly cleaned this house. She opened and cleaned all the windows first. She dusted and disinfected absolutely all the furniture present, and also all the floors.

It was two o'clock in the afternoon when Morrigan finished her work. The house was still not very welcoming, but at least there was more light, and everything was clean. It would be enough to light the living room fireplace to make the place warmer, but she doubted that Squall liked the idea.

She must not have waited very long before having an answer. Squall appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the living room while Morrigan was comfortably installed in the sofa, leafing through several books she had found in the small library.

He watched her for a few seconds, surprised, then studied with his eyes the surroundings. Morrigan didn't know if he was angry, or just amused. He was simply... calm. Extremely calm.

'' You did a little cleaning, '' he observes.

Morrginan nodded, embarrassed, but mostly terrified.

'' I see that you found something to occupy you during my absence, '' he says of a movement of the head towards the book that Morrigane kept.

'' Ye...yes, '' she whispers.

'' Good ! '' He exclaims, clapping his hands, which made her jump. '' It's time to move on to our little lesson ''

Seeing that Morrigan wasn't reacting, that she was speechless, Squall raised an eyebrow.

'' Now, '' he adds, looking annoyed. '' Move that sofa against the wall. The living room will be okay for our first lesson ''

Getting up without saying anything, Morrigan used all her strength to push the sofa against the wall, but stembled several times. Squall rolled his eyes approximately every three seconds.

Once the living room space was freed, her first lesson began.

'' It was time, '' he mutters, visibly annoyed to have waited more than five minutes. '' Well, '' he said, starting to wander around the room like a wolf around Morrigan. '' This lesson is about teaching you how to move matter. How you can with the help of your Wunder, manipulate objects without touching them ''

Surprised, Morrigan watched him, dazed.

'' But how could knowing how to move the matter will serve me for later ? ''

'' Oh, don't worry about that, Miss Crow. You'll find out soon enough ''

Morrigan shivered. She hated it when Squall spoke like that, and had that face. But, she listened to him despite everything, too curious at the idea of ​​learning new things about her mysterious power.

Morrigan spent the entire afternoon summoning her Wunder over and over again. Squall pushed her to her limits and to her entrenchments of Wundersmith. Never could she have imagined how much she had to use her energy to move a mere book a few inches. When Morrigan collapsed on the sofa for the umpteenth time of the day, exhausted, Squall lost patience and burst into mad rage.

He was screaming and swearing. Knowing full well that he couldn't hurt her physically, and being extremely nervous psychologically, Morrigan laughed for the space of a microsecond. But, that was the microsecond too many for Squall. He stopped instantly, his face distorted by the hatred he seemed to have towards her.

'' Do you find that funny, Miss Crow ? '' He asks, a fierce smile on his lips.

Now terrified, Morrigan shriveled up on the couch, shaking her head vigorously.

'' Tell me, do you want me to call the hunt to verify that they find the situation funny too ? ''

She shook her head this time with the energy of despair. Squall looked at her with an air of deep disgust.

'' Poor idiot, '' he spits bitterly. '' You're wasting your potential. You're in the middle of something so big, and you don't even notice it. I'll give you a second chance, since this was your first lesson, and you've just arrived. But believe me, you won't get a second one. Take yourself in hand, or I swear you will regret it. Do not force me to go back to Nevermoor to take care of your imbecile of patron, is that clear ? ''

Paralyzed, Morrigan simply nodded. Squall watched the books on the ground for a few seconds.

'' And tidy up this mess, '' he adds, disappearing again.

The overwhelming silence was back. Even though she really didn't like it when the house was so quiet, she was reassured to know that Squall was away from her for the moment. He had emptied her of all her energy. She hadn't slept much last night, but he had taken her to the limit.

Then, exhausted, all anchiulosed, Morrigan tidied up the living room, before falling from fatigue on the sofa. Bundled up under an old blanket lying around, she fell asleep crying, without even having had time to notice it.

But what Morrigan didn't know was that at the Deucalion, Jupiter North, her patron, wasn't in a better state. When his candidate had abandoned him in the garden, he was so shocked that she could use her power against him that he had been outside more than twenty minutes, before Fen finally came to pick him up, worried to see him in a such state. He hadn't eaten, warned the people at the Wunsoc, Morrigan's friends, or even Jack. He had just gone to bed. But, obviously, he had been awake all night.

He was after Morrigan at dawn. He had locked himself in his office and hadn't talked to anyone during the day. He was completely aware of the order she had given to him, but to be completely honest, Jupiter didn't care. He had to find her. He had already lost too many people. Morrigan was one too many. He won't live again until she comes home safe. Whatever it will cost, Jupiter will find her. Whatever it will cost, he will never give up on her.