𝙸𝙸𝙸 - 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝, 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍

An icy mist had spread throughout Morrigan's room. She could hear the grunts of the Hunt of Smoke and Shadow, as if they were next to her. And yet they weren't. '' They're hidden " she thought.

'' It's been a long time '' launched Ezra Squall in a soft voice.

'' What... what are you doing here ? '' Exclaims Morrigan, trying not to seem frightened, even if deep down, she was terrorized.

'' Come on, don't be so shy Miss Crow. After all, we both have been through a lot, haven't we ? ''

The falsely calm and measured voice of the Wundersmith echoed between the walls of the room. Morrigan wondered if...

'' It would be useless '' he replies in a suave voice.

But how could he have read her mind ... indeed, maybe she could have screamed ? Maybe Jupiter would have run to save her ? Or even Martha, Kedgeree, Charlie... anyone... Morrigan could bow down to anyone who would open that door and get her out of there. Unfortunately, no sound came out of her mouth.

'' No one can hear you, '' whispers Squall. '' Tonight you're all mine,'' he adds with a cruel smile.

Morrigan tightened her blanket so tightly that she could feel her whole body suffering martyrdom from tensing so much. But there was nothing to do. Like a doe about to get trapped, she was on alert, ready to jump out of her bed, scream at the top of her lungs, knock with all her strength on the door of her room, and even go out by her window if it was necessary.

'' I'm glad to see you again, Miss Crow. However, it is not for my personal pleasure that I came, you can well imagine. You see, time is running out, and it seems that you still haven't understand it despite my warning signals ''

'' I...''

Morrigan had to wet her mouth before speaking again, her throat was too dry.

'' I don't understand what you're talking about ''

'' So, you really didn't notice the little clues that I left you ? Didn't your patron take you to the crimes scenes ? ''

The crimes scenes...

'' Who did you kill ? '' She asks, her voice dull.

'' Oh, you know ! '' He exclaims, looking up at the sky, bored and nonchalant. '' Some baits which normally should have attracted you, or at least put you on the chip ''

'' Squall, '' growls Morrigan. '' Now stop beating around the bush, and tell me what your plan is ''

Her voice was no longer shaky. But determined. Determined to get this demon out of her room.

'' My plan ? ''

His voice was only a whisper. A terrifying whisper announcing chaos.

'' What I want, dear Morrigan Crow, is you. I want you to join me. So that I can finally do something with you. And if at the same time I could drop this vermin of Jupiter North
... it won't be luxury ''

Morrigan found it difficult to breathe because fear suddenly took possession of her respiratory system. Squall tilted his head to the side.

'' You're afraid ''

Morrigan said nothing. She couldn't anyway.

'' It's very good, really fantastic ! '' He cries, now looking insane. '' This is exactly what I want. Your fear. With it, I will be able to accomplish great things ! And that without even an effort. All thanks to you, Miss Crow, realize ! ''

The light went on in Morrigan's brain. It was him. It was him who killed Jupiter's childhood friends, and his patron. He'd killed them. With cold blood. With unimaginable cruelty.

'' Why... why did you do that ? JUPITER DIDN'T DESERVE THIS ! '' She screams, jumping up from her bed, fists clenched, trembling.

'' Good. It's very good. Let your anger guide you ''

His words had at least the gift of instantly calming her. No way, she won't react the way he wanted.

'' Why did you kill these poor people ? They were innocent, Squall ! ''

'' Perhaps, '' he said, shrugging his shoulders, looking indifferent. '' I guess you want it to stop ? You want me to stop making your insignificant patron suffer, and at the same time, kill poor innocent people ? ''

'' That's all I want, '' she whispers.

'' So you know what you have to do, Miss Crow. I will be there when you ask me. But don't delay, or I might get impatient. Let's not make our Captain suffer for no reason ''

And in an eyelash flicker, Ezra Squall had just disappeared. No more smoke, strange noises. Just her room. The usual sounds of the Deucalion. Pumped off of her energy, Morrigan staggered halfway to her bed, and covered herself with her blanket, frozen.

She didn't close her eyes that night. She wondered for hours if Squall had been serious. But after all, he was a man who turned into a monster, right ?