𝚅𝙸 - 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚍𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛

When Morrigan finally opened her eyes, it was very early in the morning. The sky was colored with an anchor blue, dotted with a few stars. She got out of her bed, rubbing her eyes. She had fallen asleep early, she was certainly not going to be able to go back to sleep anytime soon.

When her eyes finally got used to the semi-darkness of her room, she noticed a sleeping body on the floor near the door. Jupiter was deeply sleeping. But her heart breaks a little when she smell alcohol. With a tight heart, Morrigan grabbed her pillow and her blanket to install her patron a little more comfortably. It didn't seems like him... but she couldn't judge him with everything he'd been through.

'' Don't worry, it's almost over, '' she whispers. '' It's a promess ''

It was the only thing she could promise him. At least he won't have to suffer anymore because of her. He moved in his sleep, so Morrigan decided to go for a walk in the corridors of the hotel. Too bad if we took her for a ghost. She needed to stretch her legs after this long rest.

There was nobody. She heard the usual sounds of the Deucalion. The wind against the windows, the wood that lived... there was some noise and light  in certain rooms in front of which she passed. Those of the hotel staff were all on. Morrigan felt herself fail. Because of her, Dame Chanda, the kindest and most talented person she knew, had left. In a snap of the fingers. Because of her, the people she loved lost love ones. But above all, she had broken the person she loved the most in the world : because of her, Jupiter, the funniest, bravest and loyal man in the world, was never going to be the same again.

Morrigan had walked up and down the whole hotel for an hour. There was nothing left to visit. Then, bored, she decided to go down to the Music Salon. She needed to go back to where Dame Chanda used to sing.

Morrigan was in pain thinking that she would never again stand on this little stage at the back of the salon, and sing for people. Then she had a thought for all her lovers. They must have been so sad. She wanted to hit herself. Even when she wasn't cursed, and she no longer lived in Jackalfax, she had to ruin everything. Definitely, she was really used for nothing else than to make others suffer.

She sits for a few seconds on the steps of the stairs. The lobby was so... quiet. As if the death of Dame Chanda had stopped time. Morrigan wondered if the hotel itself was not in mourning. There was something... different.

The sound of someone on the steps behind her made her jumped. She didn't need to turn around to guess who was coming to give her a visit.

As promised, Squall was back. And there was no Hunt of Smoke and Shadow this time. Maybe he knew that she wasn't going to make any resistance anyway.

'' I can see that you have made your decision, Miss Crow. I knew you weren't that stupid ''

Morrigan didn't turn around. She didn't even answer.

'' You are very silent ''

'' You killed Dame Chanda ''

Her voice echoed loudly between the walls of the lobby.

'' Yes. But, I told you not to make me wait, '' he said falsely sorry.

Morrigan was shaking with rage.

'' A mission is waiting for you, '' he said casually.

Taking her courage in both hands, Morrigan rose from the steps of the stairs, and faced Squall.

'' Before I do anything for you, you must promise me that you will leave them alone. ALL of them. You must promise me that you will abandon the idea of ​​taking Jupiter down. Trust me, you destroyed him enough ''