𝚇 - 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝, 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚆𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛

The past few weeks had looked exactly the same in the old country house. Morrigan spent her afternoons training extremely hard with Squall, who broke her physically and psychologically as much as he could. She was covered with bruises from falling to the ground about a hundred times a day, and she no longer had any fighting instinct. Which really didn't look like her. But she no longer wanted to fight Squall. All she wanted was to stop everything.

She missed Jupiter and her friends terribly. She fell asleep every day with their pictures in mind, and the first thing she thought of when she woke up was them. At this point, she won't survive.

It was strange. She always thought that she was a strong person. She had lived until her eleven years in a family that didn't even love her, being convinced that she was cursed, and that she spoiled and would always spoil everything around her. She had started her life all over again. She had faced too many enemies. Dangerous or not. But, this ... it was worse than anything. The torture Squall endured her was unbearable, but the lack of her loved ones was beyond her strength.

And while one afternoon when the rain was hitting hard against the windows of this sinister house, and Morrigan was on the edge of the precipice, lying on the old sofa now half destroyed, Squall made a theatrical entrance into the room. Still as stiff and exhausted, Morrigan rubs her eyes.

" Please, don't tell me we have a new lesson today Squall," she mumbles. '' We have been doing the same thing for more than two weeks ! ''

He ignored her remark royally. Did he seem... euphoric ?Tense ? Worried ? Happy ? Excited ? There were so many different emotions running through his face that she couldn't agree on at least one.

'' I have good news, Miss Crow ''

Morrigan froze. Good news for Squall was bad news for her. She listened to him, ready to receive a blow on the head at any time.

'' There was... a little mishap. All these training days will finally be able to serve something. Something so big, Miss Crow, that you have no idea what's is about to come for you ''

No, she had no idea. And that was what she was afraid of.

'' What are you talking... ''

'' I don't have time to explain. The hunt will pick you up in a few minutes. Be ready, little crow. You will soon fly ''

And on this enigmatic and terrifying sentence, Squall disappeared. Morrigan was alone in the middle of the living room, her heart beating. What was going on ? Why was he in such a state ? Where did he want to take her ? Completely lost, not knowing what to do, she went up to her room to put on Jupiter's sweater (it will only give her courage), hung her golden W on her chest, grabbed her umbrella, and abandoned her bag clothes on the ground when leaving this house of hell.

Trembling with apprehension, she was waiting for the hunt to come and get her. It was strange. Now she was no longer really afraid of it. There was a kind of mutual respect between her and the Cavaliers. But, she had no illusions. If Squall ever ordered them to kill her, they would do so without hesitation. She was sure of it.

She didn't have to wait for the hunt very long. Their hooves and their roars froze Morrigane's blood when they arrived in front of her, half hidden behind their fog and the curtain of rain falling around them. She grabbed the hand of one of the Horsemen for the third time, and climbed behind him.

If at the beginning, she was reassured and happy to leave for good the old Squall house, fear took her to the guts as she saw the landscape of Nevermoor taking shape on the horizon. Why was Squall bringing her back to town, where everyone was probably looking for her in there ? It made no sense, something was wrong.