𝙸𝚅 - 𝚃𝚘𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚜, 𝚜𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙

Going to breakfast the next morning, Morrigan had the wonderful surprise to see Jack, Jupiter's nephew, seated at the kitchen table enjoying a slice of bread, reading his newspaper. Like he usually does. Finally, he'd decided to stop his revisions to come and relax during the last days of vacation at the Deucalion.

'' Well why are you still looking at me like that ? '' He mutters. '' Come sit and eat instead of staring at me ''

Rolling her eyes for the form, Morrigan sat down. She was far too happy to see her friend to tell him anything. He looked up discreetly in her direction, before frowning. He didn't have his eye patch.

'' Did you have a nightmare or what ? '' He exclaims.

'' No, why ? '' She hastens to answer, stuffing a huge piece of gingerbread in her mouth.

'' I don't know, I see something floating above your head. I can't see well ''

'' You must be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time that you had trouble using your power ''

'' Yeah, you're probably right, '' he growls, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

Morrigan blamed herself. She knew very well that Jack didn't like his power, that he didn't even care. Only recently he'd learned to really appreciate it. Thanks to her. And now she was lowering him lower than the ground. But above all, he shouldn't find out what had happened the day before.

When Jupiter joined them a few minutes later, there was a dismal silence in the kitchen. He was still as pale as the last night. He had dark circles. Apparently, he didn't slept too.

'' Are you okay, Uncle Jove ? '' Tries Jack after a long moment of silence.

The concerned looked up, distracted. Hand under his chin, he was silent for a few seconds.

'' I don't want to stay at the hotel today. I'm taking you somewhere. Be ready in ten minutes ''

And without giving them time to reply, Jupiter left the kitchen with determination. Surprised, Jack watched him going away, looking sad.

'' I've rarely seen such a huge black cross on someone's heart...''

Morrigan didn't want to know anything. She already knew the grief of her patron. But she had no desire to know how bereaved Jupiter was. Especially since it was all her fault.

'' I liked his patron, '' he adds. '' He was nice. And he often brought me gifts when he visited Uncle Jove ''

Morrigan took a huge bite of her gingerbread. Do not cry. Do not cry. Do not cry.

'' Where do you think he wants to take us ? '' He ends up asking.

'' Don't know '' she said, her mouth full.

'' Thanks for your help ''

'' You're welcome, '' she retorts.

Jack rolled his eyes in an exaggerated way, before suddenly resting his newspaper on the table.

'' Well. See you in five minutes in the lobby ''

Morrigan quickly finished her bowl of hot chocolate, before returning to her room to wash her face, brush her teeth, and put on her big black coat, as well as her boots of the same color, without forgetting her beautiful umbrella.

When she arrived in the hotel's lobby, there was no customers. Most were still asleep, or had left to tour Nevermoor early this morning. Jupiter and Jack were chatting with Kedgeree, who was casually sitting on the reception desk.