ONE SHOT •1

Morrigan was having the worst school year of her life. It was so horrible and unlivable that she would have preferred to have been killed that evening, at the Crow Manor, the day of her eleven birthday.

Now, she was sixteen. She'd grown up. She'd learned. She's evolved. Yet... something hadn't changed in all these years. The hatred of her schoolmates towards her.

Since her first year at Wunsoc, Morrigan had been harassed and humiliated. But this year was particularly difficult. At first, the students just called her Knackless. The useless. It was difficult, but bearable.

But, eventually, they had all grown up. And the Charlton Five too. They had become even more vicious. If in the beginning, they only used verbal abuse, they ended up coming to blows.

Very often, Heloise Redchurch and her friends trapped her in the toilet to take her by surprise. At least once a day, they trapped and hit her for long minutes all over her body, except in the face, to avoid any suspicion. It was their secret.

Morrigan had never told anyone about it, and had no plans to do so anytime soon. It was too humiliating. She was a Wundersmith, and yet she was so weak-headed that she didn't even have the strength to defend herself. Every day, she waited for her sentence, and she endured her ordeal without a word. She pretended in front of her unit, and more importantly, in front of Jack and Jupiter, the two people she loved the most in the world.

They never noticed anything, even with their power as Witnesses. Morrigan had become so good at hiding her emotions that even Jupiter could only see a vague gray mist floating around her. He had been pointing out to her every day for more than five months, and each time she replied the same thing : '' Everything is fine Jupiter, stop worrying about me ''.

But today was going to be a different day. That afternoon, Morrigan was with Hawthorne, Cadence and Archan. All three went to the cafeteria, and had spent their morning in reinforced Latin. It had been soporific.

'' This lesson have exhausted me, '' complains Hawthorne, yawning very loudly.

" They will end up killing us, '' Archan retorts, stretching.

'' Seriously guys, be a little more courageous ! '' Exclaims Cadence. '' Do you even want to be part of the Society at this point or what ? Get moving ! Tell them Morrigan ! ''

But Morrigan was paying absolutely no attention to her friends. Heloise and her acolytes were in the same corridor as them, leaning against their lockers, and chatting with each other. When Cadence, Archan and Hawthorne noticed the Charlton Five, all three turned a sorry face towards their friend.

'' Morrigan, if you want to, we can change our way, '' Hawthorne tent, hesitant.

'' Yeah, we totally can do that ! '' Hurries to add Archan nervously.

'' We'd destroy them anyway, '' Cadence finished, pushing Morrigan across the hall.

But it was too late. Heloise had met Morrigan's eyes, and had her in her sights. Morrigan didn't move, and watched her, ready to receive her missile. Archan and Hawthone tried to move her forward, without success. Something had just crossed the mind of her worst enemy, and it wasn't a good omen.

'' Here is the Demonic Creature ! '' Laughs Heloise. '' So, how many people have you killed just today ? ''

Morrigan clenched her fists. She hated her with all her soul. She didn't seem to have even an ounce of kindness in her. She bitterly regretted the days of Noelle Devereaux, when she was only a child.