𝚅𝙸𝙸 - 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚑, 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

Morrigan had been walking for an hour now. She had taken the Brolly Rail ( which wasn't very easy with her backpack ) and had walked around the Old Town. She didn't really know where she was going, or when Squall would come to pick her. But she didn't care. Sitting on a frozen bench in a nearby park, she felt like her soul had been taken away from her. She was... helpless, empty ?

She was suffering. So much. That was unbearable.  Leaving Jupiter who was sitting on the ground like a homeless, and shouting her name with the energy of despair, she had felt something inside her breaking. Something irreparable. Never, even deep inside, Morrigan would think that she could actually leave Jupiter, her unity and her life to the Deucalion behind her. It was so improbable... and yet she was indeed alone and frozen in a park empty of people.

What would she become ? She hadn't even thought about it, but what did Squall actually want to do with her ? All that mattered until now was to protect Jupiter and their loved ones, but as an instrument in the hands of the cruelest of monsters, what was he able to make her do ?

She didn't have time to think about it more time. Squall, like by magic, had just appeared at her side on the bench. He looked radiant. And for this reason, Morrigan wanted to jump at his throat. Or to snatch his complacent smile.

'' I loved your little performance, Miss Crow. Full of sadness, heartbreaking farewells... ''

Morrigan didn't respond to his little provocation. She wasn't going to grant him her anger. It would be too easy.

'' I'm very proud of you ''

A carnivorous smile darkened his face. He was so scary... nothing to do with the little red head and full of light of Jupiter. But Morrigan shook her head. She must to stop thinking about her patron. It would only hurt her even more, and there was no point of adding more.

'' Well, '' he sighs, falsely annoyed. '' Since you don't seem to want to talk, I think it's time for us to leave, dear little apprentice ''

'' What ? '' She exclaims. ''Al.... already ? Where ? ''

At least it had the gift of making her react.

'' It's a surprise ''

Squall hissed, and barely a minute later, Morrigan heard the sound of hooves hitting the ground. An intense rumble that was dangerously close to them. Then it arrived. The Hunt of Smoke and Shadow. It was waiting for them, quietly.

'' Let my Horsemen and their mounts take you somewhere, Miss Crow. I promise they won't do you any injuries ''

'' You already lied to me, '' she grumbles.

'' Yes, I did. But... not this time. Trust me, just for once ''

A touch of irony pierced in his voice. Once again, she wanted to finish him off. But it would have been silly. His damn Hunt of Smoke and Shadow was there, and he was much stronger than she was. And even if he couldn't be physically present at Nevermoor, Morrigan knew very well what the Wundersmith was capable of. It wasn't worth it.

So instead of giving him the pleasure of reacting like he wanted, she kept her calm, and did a disgusted face when she taked the hand that one of the mens offered her. Like this time at the Ghastly Market.

Ezra snapped his fingers, and in a flash, he disappeared. The hunt moved forward, and Morrigan had to cling behind the men she was installed. Eyes watery because of the wind and the speed at which they were going, she was amazed to see that nobody in Nevermoor was surprised to see a dozen terrifying horses and hounds roaming their city at full speed. Maybe they were going so fast that no one could see them ?