CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

[takes place before the end scene of 10x02]

*・༓☾christmas at the manor ☽༓・*

"I have a delivery for..." He read the tag again, just to be sure. "The Doctor?"

"I am not expecting anyone." All that could be seen through the ajar door was an eye, a few wisps of grey hair if Dylan could really focus. "Well, I was expecting Winston but he's always late for things."

He's been dead for over fifty years, someone whispered angrily.

"Well, this thing has your name on it." After a short moment, the door opened fully to reveal a very familiar figure to everyone around Saint Luke's university.

This man, simply known as 'Doctor', wore strange clothes very often but right now his all black ensemble made Dylan shake a little. Many secrets tended to be revealed around him, people never paid much attention to 'the help' as he'd taken to calling some functions around Uni. He's incredibly old, this man taught my grandfather, look! a picture of him at Queen Elizabeth's coronation, none of those were necessarily true. What was true in this moment was his absurd need to go to the bathroom.

"Who sent it?" The Doctor tried to act normally around most faculty members but it wasn't often he had mail.

"I don't know, man. I'm just the delivery guy."

"Your name tag says you're Dylan." An exasperated sigh reached their ears.

"I am Dylan and I also really need to go to the loo so just take this." He trust the box into the older man's hands. "And if you don't want just throw it in the fire or whatever."

With no time to respond, he half ran with his mail cart towards the nearest elevator.

"What do we have here?" Nardole didn't even bother with a comeback, knowing this tone implied a monologue.

First step was scanning it with his sonic, it didn't show much out of the ordinary except for Artron energy.

"Interesting." Taking a chance, he opened it with care. Nardole quickly jumped into action once the Doctor yelled in surprise.

"Doctor!"

The man in question stared in awe at the snow falling all around him.

"Nardole, it looks like I've been invited to a party."

[edited 04/13/20]
[thanks for the patience, just sorted out a small detail with the chronology]