chpt 1

audreys pov
i live with my dad. my older brother Dallas left when i was 3..i don't remember much about him. all i know is that dad hates him. i sit on my bed and my dad starts yelling at me. he comes into my room and hits me. i winced and tears weld up in my eyes. he does this quite often. he's a drunk. i'm used to it by now. Dad pulled a switchblade out of his pocket, i didn't know he had one of those. he gripped my arm tightly and it felt like someone had just dropped a rock on my arm.

"dad stop!" i tried jerking my arm away as i winced.

he held the blade against my skin and slid it. it left a cut and i started bleeding. i felt a hot tear run down my cheek and it landed on my mattress. yep. mattress. we were too poor to even afford sheets.
i managed to jerk my arm away from him. i saw the look of anger in his eyes. the hatred. he punched me square in the jaw and i screamed. the punch was harder than it normally is. obviously it hurt more. i put my hand on my jaw and more hot tears started falling down my cheeks.

"stop crying slut." dad said and my heart ached.

i don't know why i feel so offended at this point. he's been verbally and physically abusing me since i was 6. about 3 years after dally left. now i'm 14, i'm not sure how old dally is now, i think around 16 or 17.

"you CANT control me my entire life!!" i y'all back at him.

"get OUT of my DAMN house." dad said sternly. he emphasized the words 'out' and 'damn'.

i was free. oh my god. i was free. dad left the room and i grabbed a bag and packed what little i had. a few clothes and other things. i ran down the stairs and passed dad as i walked out. he had another beer bottle in his hand like always..
as i shut the door behind me i had a big smile on my face. but it slowly faded. where was i going to go? i would go to dallas but i haven't seen him in 11 years and i don't know where he is or what he even looks like.
i decide to just take a bus to a random city. Tulsa. i live in new york city so it's gonna be a long bus ride. Tulsa, Oklahoma here i come.

The bus ride was pretty boring. this guy on the bus kept hitting on me and his breath reeked of alcohol.

"now arriving in tulsa." the intercom announced.

that's my que. i get up with my bag and get off the bus. where to now..i'm quite hungry, i have a few bucks in my bag. i see a gas station up ahead..it's called "DX". i shrug and walk towards it. i walk inside and i see the cashier at the register.

"hello there." the boy smiled. he was handsome, he looked like a movie star.

i gave him a quick wave and i picked out some chips and set it on the counter.

"you new 'round here?" the boy asks.

i nod slightly.

"not much into talkin huh?" the movie star boy chuckles.

i chuckle softly and look down. i hear someone else walk in from outside

"oooh what's a pretty lady like you doing in a town like this? are you a soc?" the other boy asks. i read his name tag 'STEVE' it says.

"uh..i just got here..i'm on vacation" i lied

"well why would anyone wanna vacation here?" steve asks and laughs softly.

i glance over at movie star boy to see if he has a name tag, he does it reads 'SODAPOP'
i ignore steve's question.

"unique name...sodapop" i send him a soft smile.

sodapop looked slightly embarrassed.

"my parents were suckers for unique names" he laughed.

his laugh was cute.

"i better get going" i say.

i gave steve and sodapop a smile as i left the DX. i kept walking and a little bit later i saw a bar. i could use a drink right now. the sign said 'bucks' i walked in, and immediately some guy got in my face.

"you're pretty." the man says.

he's drunk. he's obviously in his 40s or 50s. i sit on a bar stool.

"you new here? never seen you 'round before" the bartender said, i assume it was buck.

i nod a bit and i hear someone come downstairs and sit next to me. i stare at him. he looked familiar, like i had seen him before but i didn't know where.
i'm guessing he noticed.

"can i help you?" the familiar boy asked. he sounded like dad, his voice was stern, he sounded rude.

"uh no i'm sorry.." i apologize and look away. "i'm just gonna go now.." i get up and leave.

i walk out of the bar with my backpack and i walk about 20 feet before i hear an engine get closer and closer behind me. i turn around and it's a blue mustang. i ignore it, not thinking much of it.
"hey pretty girl! wanna have some fun?" one of the boys from inside of the mustang yelled at me.

i sped up my walking pace.

"HEY! i'm talking to you!"

dallas's pov
"you should go after her, she's a pretty broad." buck told me.

i rolled my eyes, "yeah yeah, whatever."

i got a beer and sipped it. a few minutes later i hear a blood curdling scream. i leap out of my chair and run out the door, knocking the chair over. it was 5 soc's jumping the broad that was at the bar earlier.

"HEY! LEAVE HER ALONE!" i yell at the socs.

one punches me in the jaw and then they all run away. knowing the damage i can do. i glance down at the girl. she had cuts all over her, along with bruises.
she looked at me. she looked confused. she looked like she knew me. i picked her up and i walked to the curtis house. they can help.
——————————————————
hey so ik this is probably really bad and cringy and i'm sorry for that lol, it's my first fan fiction. i'm also sorry in advance if the characters personalities are a bit off.