chpt 9

audreys pov
the sky was a mix of purple, yellow, pink. it was so pretty. pony pulled me close while we laid down on the cold concrete. eventually it was dark. it was only about 7 pm. pony and i decided to just stay out in the lot for a while longer. i felt relieved. i felt safe here, for some reason, even though we could get jumped.
   i looked up at the stars, making pictures, while pony continued reading.
   eventually he set the book down and he lifted me up a bit, so my head was on his chest. pony sure was comfortable.
   i liked being able to get away from dallas. i didn't have to deal with girls coming in and out..or..him getting mad at me. Pony started playing with my hair and i giggled softly.

  "how'd i get so lucky?" pony asks rhetorically. wow so original. nah i'm just kidding, it's sweet.
——
quite a few hours went by and pony and i are completely passed out in the lot.
—-
the next morning
i wake up and notice that we're still in the lot. shit, dally is gonna kill me and darry's gonna kill pony.
i look at pony and start gently shaking him.
"baby...baby wake up." i shake him a little harder.
   pony slowly starts waking up and he groans.
"what time is it?" he asks.

  "i don't know, were not home, were still in the lot." i reply and his eyes shoot open.

"darry and soda probably think i'm dead." pony says and he gets up quickly, grabbing his copy of gone with the window.

"dally is gonna kill me" i put my hand on my forehead, and i brush myself off because i had a few leaves on me.

"come on i'll walk you home." pony said putting his arm on my shoulder.

"wait-" i start but quickly rethink everything. pony's eyes trail over to meet mine.

"nevermind, lets go." i give a weak smile and we walk to bucks.

we saw a few socs but we were able to avoid them, luckily.
   "thank you for being with me." i peck pony's lips and he smiles and blushes.

  "of course." he replies and we let go of each other's hands. he walks off and i walk inside.

i see buck.

"dallys been worried sick, good luck." buck tells me. great.

i walk upstairs and knock on dallas' door. i see the handle turn and the door cracks open, revealing part of dally's face. when he sees its me he opens the door all the way.

  "where the hell have you been?!" dally asks/yells at me.

  "i fell asleep in the lot! i'm sorry!" i yell back. i sit on the bed.

  i take a glance at dallas out of the corner of my eye.
  "whatever." he says and he goes downstairs.

i'm left up here for awhile and i just lay on the bed. i wanna see pony again, even though it's only been like twenty minutes.
  i get really bored and decide to just look around the room. i glance at a box that i see in dallas' closet. i wanna see what's in it but it's not my stuff and i can't go through it.
  i walk out of the room and sneak downstairs. i see dally sitting at the bar and i quickly run past and out the door. i just decide to go for a walk.
   of course a few minutes later i hear the rumble of an engine behind me. i speed up my walking and i make my way to the curtis house as fast as i can. i hear one of the socs get out of the car and walk up behind me.
  "where's a pretty girl like you going?" he asks. i elbow him in the face and run. he starts chasing me.
  "HELP!!" i yell, knowing i couldn't fight the socs off by myself. there were more of them now.
  i see a few figures running in my direction and once they get closer i see who it is. it's two bit, darry, soda, steve, and pony. the socs grab my arm and pull me close to them. i try to glance back and i think it's bob. he puts his switchblade up to my neck. i see the gang completely stop in their tracks. we all just stand and stare at each other. tears weld up in my eyes. i then thought of elbowing him again but i didn't want his arm to react and cut me. 
   "just let her go bob, then nobody gets hurt." two bit says.

  "but that's no fun." he says.

i have an idea. i raise my arm a little bit, just enough to grab his. i grab his arm and force it forward so i can get out of his grip. i kick him where it hurts and i run to the curtis house.
  i look back and the boys are attacking the socs. thank god. i run into the house and sit on  the couch.
   "do you know why everyone left?" johnny asked me.
   "some socs.." i reply.

  "did they attack you?" johnny asked another question. i nod.

  "but they didn't hurt me. they almost did."
——————————————————
this chapter is probably kinda boring, follow my ig: dxllascxrtis