chpt 11

"come on guys let's put ice in her shirt." i hear someone say. it sounds like two bit.

"two, we can't do that. pony would kill us." it sounds like soda.

i open my eyes and stare at two bit. soda starts laughing and two bit looked embarrassed.

"y'all are not putting ice cubes in my shirt." i get up and walk into the kitchen to see darry making some breakfast.

"you hungry for some food kid?" darry asks me and i shake my head no. he was smiling but it faded a bit.

"i'm sorry, i have to go, uh i don't think i'll be staying here to much longer." i start getting up.

"no don't leave please..." two bit says

"i'm just bothering y'all and taking up space. eating yalls food. i'll be okay, you can still come see me." i say, forcing a soft weak smile.

"one, youre not bothering or taking up space, two, youre just gonna be a dally's right?" soda asks.

"uh..yeah.." i reply, lying.
-
a few days pass and i know i can't stay here anymore. they're gonna know something is up. i pack up my things.

"baby where are you going?" pony asks and it scared me. it was 4 am. i was trying to leave before everyone woke up. i turn to him.

"uh.." before i could say anything he spoke again.

"are you going somewhere?.." pony asks, he sounded a bit sad.

"yeah, uh back to bucks. dally's been wondering where i am." i reply and continue packing my stuff.

"this early?" pony asked a bit suspicious.

i hesitate and nod.

"where are you really going audge?.." he asked and crossed his arms.

i stay silent for a minute and i hear him sigh. "a motel." i finally answer.

"why a motel? why can't you stay here?" he asked. he sounded panicked. i felt bad.

"because i just take up space here, eat your food, spend your money. you can still come see me." i finish packing and swing my backpack over my shoulder.

pony kissed me and i kissed back. we both pulled away and i laid my head on his shoulder.

i glance over at the hallway and darry comes out. i see the look of concern in his eyes but also the tiredness. i looked at the clock and it was 4:13 am.

"where ya going kiddo?" darry groans and rubs his eyes.

"she's leaving.." pony says, not letting go of the hug. i pull away from his grip and peck his lips.

"why's that?" darry asks. i explain everything to him and he sighs.
-
about 30 minutes after talking with them i left. i walked to the nearest motel and the cold air blows and tears form in my eyes.
  i get to the motel and get a room. it's disgusting. it's got mold on the ceilings and it smells horrible.  i sit on the bed and cry in my hands.
  i eventually stop crying. i miss pony. i wish i didn't leave and that i had stayed with them. i fidget and examine the room. OH HELL NO. there's a roach on the floor and i grab my bag and run out of the room and back to the reception thing.

"could i get a different room?" i ask and the receptionist nodded and got me a different room.

i walked into my new room and it was so much better. it didn't have mold and it didn't have that stench. i fell back asleep on the bed. the bed was pretty uncomfortable and just felt like a slab of wood and a blanket. i finally managed to fall asleep.

morning had arrived and i woke up. i tried sitting up but my back hurt so much from how uncomfortable that bed was. i managed to get up and i stayed there for 3 nights. (a/n ThReE nIgHtS aT tHe mOtEl)

ponyboys pov

"hey dar can we go see audrey? please? she's at dally's place..i miss her a lot." i told darry.

darry chuckled and nodded. we walked all the way to bucks and we knocked. dally was at the bar and we walked up to him.

"hey dal, is audrey here? i wanna talk to her." i ask and dally furrows his eyebrows.

"two things. 1, you must of been what she was hiding huh? y'all dating? and 2, i haven't seen her in over a week." dally said, taking a swig of his beer.

i knew i looked panicked because dallas had told me to calm down.

"1, yes, 2, why haven't you seen her in a week?" i ask.

"i sorta kicked her out..it was an accident i was angry." dally said.

so that's why she stayed at our house.

"we can go check the nearest motel pony." darry told me and i nodded.

"thanks dal." we walked out and went to the nearest motel.

we went to the receptionist and talked to her.

"she's about yay high..dark brown hair, brown eyes, looks like dallas winston's sister." i ask and as soon as i mentioned dallas, the lady looked concerned/worried.

she told us the room number and darry and i went to that room. we knocked on the door and someone answered. it was Audrey. i saw tears immediately form in her eyes when she saw us and i engulfed her into a hug.

"how'd you find me?.." she asked.

"well, we checked bucks, you weren't there so we thought to check the nearest motel." darry said.
-
5 years later
-
they get married lol
——————————————————
this is the last chapter of this book, i'll be starting another story soon so keep a lookout for that. go follow my ig: @ dxllascxrtis