𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷

Hey, Today is my first day at the great Sterling high school in New Jersey. I moved to New Jersey
from Michigan , because my mom wanted a fresh start after ya know my dad left her and shit. I really didn't want to move because all of my friends were back in MI, but my mom has been through a lot and I didn't want to make it harder for her by arguing. I'm starting my junior year and my older brother Trinidad is starting his senior year. My brother and I get along fairly well, aside from when he tries to act like he has any actual power over me, but I kinda get it cuz, he's had to be the man of the house for almost three years now. Anyways Trinidad is currently driving us to school. I can drive myself but he insisted on driving me since it was the first day.

"Soooo are you hungry?" asked Trinidad.

"No, i think I'm good." I responded.

Trinidad laughed and said, "Can you unclench your fists? You look like you're about to beat the shit outta somebody" he said as he punched me in the shoulder.

"Ow you bitch!" I yelled while punching him back.

"Bitch i will swerve off this mother fucking road right now" he said seriously.

I flipped him off and rested my chin in my hand for the rest of the drive. When we finally pulled up in front of the school, we grabbed our backpacks from the back seat and slowly approached the enormous school. I'm still kind of a pussy so as we got closer I started to lean into Trinidad. He put his arm around me seeing that I was getting intimidated. We went to the office and I let Trinidad speak for the both of us.

"Hi, I'm Trinidad and this is my sister Jayde, um we're new here and we were told to come to the office to get our schedules?"

"Oh of course sweetheart what are your last name's?"

"Tejada"

"Okay and grades?"

"I'm in 12th and jayde here is in 11th"

"Oop right here Jayde and Trinidad Tejada, here you go young man!"

"Thank you!" Trinidad said cheerfully

I smiled at the secretary to show my gratitude and she waved. Trinidad has always been the more charming sibling, and I've always been jealous, but at least he's always there for me. Trinidad hands me my schedule after looking it over quickly.

" your first class is in room 37 I'll walk you."

" Trinidad you'll be late"

"Dont care"

I stepped in front of Trinidad to stop him from walking.

"I'm not a kid anymore, I'll be fine, thank you Trinidad."

With that I walked away in the direction of what I hoped was room 37.

" WE HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER!" Trinidad yelled at me.

"SEE YOU THERE!" I yelled back while slyly saluting him.

I walked into room 37, World language. I approached the teachers desk and asked where I should sit. Obviously the teacher hadn't planned ahead for my arrival, I could tell due to her frantically scanning the class for a free seat. I saw one and volunteered to sit in it, she allowed me to sit there and I headed to my seat. I pulled my phone out and started to scroll through Instagram, waiting for her to start talking. Suddenly I felt someone plop into the seat beside me. I looked and saw a sweaty boy with hickeys literally all over his body. I scoffed at him while he bragged to his friends about the girl he just fucked in the custodian closet. As the teacher started to talk I put my phone away and pulled out my notebook. The sweaty boy asked all of his douche friends for a pencil and none of them had one, so he turned to me.