𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟶

**jayde pov**
"It's gonna be okay. No matter what, it's gonna be okay." Hector whispered.

I melted into hectors arms as we both cried. Then he slowly backed away and wiped a tear off my cheek.

"That's the first hug I've ever seen you give, to anyone." I said.

Hector gave a small smile,

"I only gives hug on special occasions to special people, and you meet every requirement." He said while pulling me in for another one.

I chuckled lightly and wrapped my arms around him. While I laid my head on his chest, I listened to the slow beating of his heart as he rubbed his hands up and down my back. Suddenly I feel another hand softly touch my shoulder. It belonged to Alex who stood with a tired expression.

"Trinidad is in room 306, only 4 people can go in the room."

"We'll stay." Said Carlos as destiny agreed.

Alex nodded and gently led me through the large metal doors separating the waiting room and the hospital itself, Julian and hector followed closely behind. We found room 306 and lightly knocked on the door. It was opened by a tired and empty woman, my mom. Tears pooled in my eyes as I threw my arms around her. She immediately began sobbing into my shoulder. She tried to blunder out words but was unable to. I pulled away and tucked her curly black hair behind her ear.

"Is he okay momma?"

"No."

Her face twisted again but she quickly hid the reaction, she was trying to be strong.

"What happened to him?"

"He was with friends. He was high and his friends were drunk. They got in a car crash. He broke a rib and it punctured his lung, he almost severed his spine."

She stared at the ground and bit her lip. All I could do was stare at the wall. I was feeling so many emotions, anger, guilt, disappointment, fear. Trinidad promised me he wouldn't smoke again. I felt my face begin to heat up again. I turned around and fell into whoever was behind me, sobbing. As I took in gasps I smelled strawberries and coconut and immediately knew who it was. I looked up into Jabez's clouded hazel eyes. He relaxed into the hug and rested his chin on my head. When I finally pulled away he cupped my face in his hands.

"Jayde Hes gonna be fine okay, I can feel it." He winked at me with the eye that sparkles a little bit more than the other, making me smile. We all sat in the hospital for another 2 hours. At about 6 my mom said that I should probably get home.

"What about you?"

"I'm going to stay here with your brother."

"Mom I really don't want to be alone."

"Is it okay if she stays with me? I promise I will respect any boundaries, after all we're only friends." Interrupted Julian.

My mom looked at me, then at Julian.

"Fine, but please, you know what I expect from you jayde. Respect me and your brother. Don't do something you'll regret."

"I won't mom. I love you." I said while pulling her into a tight hug.

"Love you more princesa" she replied.

"Thank you mrs.Tejada" Julian added.

She gave him a smile and returned to her seat next to Trinidad.

"Okay guys we should get going" Julian said.

"Yeah but jayde, can we talk for a second?" Alex asked.