𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟼

**jayde pov**
I woke up the next morning in Jabez's arms. I was so warm and I felt like I could stay there forever. I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his chest. I guess all my sudden movements made him wake up. He opened his eyes and gave me a small smile.

"You hungry?" I asked him.

"Yeah but it's fine we'll grab a bite to eat on the way home." Jabez replied.

"Oh no it's totally fine I'll just make breakfast for everyone, I'm wide awake anyways." I assured him.

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded and walked to the kitchen. When I walked in I saw Alex getting ice from the fridge.

"Hey jayde!" He said giving me a high five.

"What's up Alex." I said with a smirk.

"So you're gonna leave without getting in the water?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess, there's no time now." I said while getting the pancake mix out of the pantry."

"Bull shit" he said while grabbing my hand, " YOU go get your bathing suit I am forcing you to go to the beach, it's not a proper beach day if you don't get in!" He said while pushing me into my room. I laughed and saw a sleeping jabez in the bed. Guess he was still tired. I tiptoed to the bathroom and grabbed my bikini from where it was hanging. I put it on and grabbed a towel. I walked into the hallway and saw Alex waiting for me already in his swimming trunks.

"Let's go." He said grabbing my hand and dragging me through the house.

"Wait Alex what about breakfast?" I asked.

"That's what Denny's is for." He replied

I smiled and continued to follow him. We got to the shore and he let go of my hand.

"Go ahead." he said.

"Me?" I said, "you're the one who dragged me out here!" I yelled over the noise of the crashing waves.

"Fine then we'll both go." He said while grabbing my hand as he ran towards the water.

It was freezing cold and the waves were strong but Alex held on to me the whole time. We splashed each other and swam a lot. We had a competition on who could hold their breath longer and I won😌💅🏽. Alex wanted to go farther away from the shore but I couldn't reach the ground.

"I have a solution." He said with a sly smirk.

He stepped closer to me and pulled me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. He slowly walked further and further from shore until he couldn't go any farther. We stayed there and saw how far out we were. The water was so clear that we could see everything beneath us. I was looking down, at all of the fish swirling around Alex's feet and laughing. When I looked up I made eye contact with Alex. I saw him swallow hard.

"Jayde do you wanna go out sometime?" He asked

I was shocked. Alex is amazing and sweet. He's not a player and I think he might genuinely have feelings for me. Fuck it.

"Sure." I said with a small smile.

His face lit up and he hugged me. I laughed and hugged him back. I was actually pretty excited about this date.

**Alex pov**
Seeing jayde there she just looked so gorgeous. I know jabez likes her, but I know he's just gonna play her. I wanted to shoot my shot before jabez broke her heart and made her hate everyone in our friend group. Besides, it's not like he was gonna ask her out anyways. My thoughts were interrupted.