𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟸

Jayde pov***
My ears rang loudly as jabez continued to drag me through the crowd. I guess the gunshot was close by. We finally reached the car and jabez released rocky and I. Rock wiped the sweat off his forehead leaned against the car.

"Oh shit." Rocky laughed.

"Rocky you think this is funny?" Jabez growled. "You're always doing stupid shit like this man mom told you you couldn't go to this party and you went,What because you have better judgement then her?"

Rocky just stared at the ground. Jabez scoffed,

"Get in the car."

Rocky and I silently obeyed as jabez put the keys in the ignition. The drive was quiet and awkward. After 10+ minutes we parked outside julians house. Jabez slammed the car door shut and stormed into the house. I took a deep sigh and turned around to look at Rocky.

" We're watching lady bird, you might wanna sit far from your brother tho, I don't think he's real happy with you right now."

Rocky laughed and nodded his head. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Aw Rocky it's ok." I said trying to comfort him.

"I just want to impress him ya know? He did stuff like this when he was my age and he was so cool, I want him to think of me as the cool little brother who he can bring to clubs and to hangout with friends." He explained.

"Rocky you're only 13! Your way too young for all this. All of us already think your cool and besides even if you were the coolest person alive, jabez still wouldn't want to hang out with you, that's just part of being a younger sibling, trust me I know."

He laughed even harder this time.

"Come on, they're probably wondering what we're doing." I said as I got out of the car.

Rocky was a tall, good looking kid (I feel weird saying that lmaoaoa) but he is. He looks a lot like his brother and people tell him that a lot. He probably wants to act the part too.

He got out of the car and stood next to me. As I pulled one of his curls I said, "now, let's show jabez the real mr. cool."

"Damn y'all took forever" jabez yelled when we walked in the door.

"Yeah I was just giving YOUR brother the best pep talk ever."

Jabez rolled his eyes and turned back towards the movie. I went back to my spot right in Alex's arms😜. The movie was already half over so I was literally on my phone the whole time. Alex noticed and squeezed my shoulder.

"What's wrong you not feeling lady bird?"

"No I just missed most of it so I'd rather re-watch the whole thing then watch half of it and have no clue what's going on."

"You trynna bail?"

"Alex why you always trynna bail on our friends?" I asked.

"Cuz we're always doing something boring."

I looked at the clock on my phone, then around at everyone else. Hector and Julian were upstairs playing COD, destiny and Carlos were out cold, and rocky and jabez we're playing basketball outside. It was only 5 almost six o'clock.

"Bet." I whispered.

We walked to his car and got in.

"So where are we going?"

"Mini golfing ."

"I LOVE MINI GOLF!" I yelled.

"Good"

I did the period thingy and he rolled his eyes at me. I immediately connected my Bluetooth to the car and played trap soul cuz it was just that kind of a day. We got to the mini golf thingy and I payed because I refuse to let alex Pay for everything, so I help out when he lets me. I picked an orange club and he picked neon green.

"Okay, winner gets a prize." He said

"What's the prize?" I asked.

"I don't know yet"

At the first hole it only took him two tries, but it took me at least 13. That's basically how it went for the whole game. At the last hole I got a hole in one. I looked at Alex and gave him a bright smile.

"One hole in one doesn't make you even close to winning" he said with a laugh.

I mocked his laugh and watched him prepare to hit the ball. Mr. smooth also got a hole in one. He looked back at me with a sly grin. I rolled my eyes at him and went to retrieve my ball from the hole. When I turned around I saw Alex holding a ring, an expensive looking one. Don't get me wrong I love Alex but MARRIAGE? He must've seen the look on my face because he said,

"I'm not asking you to marry me, it's a promise ring. I promise to love you unconditionally and only you. I Promise to stay faithful until this promise ring can become an engagement ring, then eventually a marriage ring."

"I don't really know what to say, do I say yes, or I do, or I promise?" I asked.

Alex laughed.

"A yes is good enough for me."

He slid it on my finger and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"It's so beautiful." I whispered. "I love you Alex"

"I love you too." He replied.

He gave me one last kiss on the forehead and grabbed my hand.

"Come on, i bet everyone is looking for us." He said.

And he was right. When I pulled my phone out I had a bunch of texts from everybody back at julians house. As I went through them I saw one from my mom. I opened it and my body froze

Momma❤️

Momma❤️
Your dad is here.

I have nothin to say about my absence😁 yes I've been slacking very much sorry chile👍🙄 but anyways I have no motivation but I will never leave u guys this long without an update again you know why because I am in love with every sing one of you, I love you so much everyone sign up one forehead kiss per person also if they're any mistakes plz deal with them because im against proof reading😹 but yeah bye————- ps I just re read this and omg it was so bad guys I'm sorry I was running on actually zero hours of sleep I promise the next chapter will be better WHICH is coming out on monday❤️❤️