Who I Am With You

Chase POV
I hold onto her perfect body and she cowers against me as the thunder rolls right above our heads. I think of how she must be feeling right now, the guy she trusted to take care of her, and to love her, decided to flirt with another girl right in front of her. The guy she makes out with just decides he can only see her as a best friend. I have always thought love at first sight is bullshit, made to trip up little girls and make them think that life and love are easy. But the things Kate is making me feel are making me second-guess my theory on love at first sight.

Because she is hurt I feel hurt, I feel broken in ways I have never felt before. People say that eyes are windows to peoples' souls, and Kate's eyes confirm it for me. There is a wild look to her eyes, but there is also a small broken part that proves that her "perfect" life is so far from perfect. The people who say being a singer's child is better than being a normal child obviously doesn't know shit. Being a singer's kid sucks, because you aren't known for yourself, but your parent. You are watched and observed and criticized; you will never be live to live a normal life as a kid.

"Did you ever think of how much George Strait retiring breaks peoples' hearts?" Kate whispers, sad tears roll down her face slowly. "I listen to his music sometimes and just sob because he has gotten me through so much. He means so much, and I just wanna sob about losing him." Kate says, shifting into a conversation rather quickly. I agree and I smile softly. "He is like a father that I have never met, ya know? He gives you great advice like a dad. It is like losing an important father figure." I say and tears flow from my eyes too, thinking of the King of Country Music retiring. We hug each other tightly, sobbing about King George Strait.

Kate POV:
"Why the hell are you two crying? Wait, fuck. Kate better not be pregnant; I will kick your ass, Chase, and then give you to Luke." Jason's deep southern drawl threatens. I look up at my "Uncle" Jason Aldean and his girl, Brittany and smile "Good to know you have so much faith in me, Uncle J." I say and pretend to wipe another tear away. "I do, but he is a guy and you two are bawling your eyes out in a bedroom. And he is looking at you like you are the sexiest lil' thang on this planet." Jason says, and Brittany laughs at Jason's words. Chase whispers in my ear "You are the sexiest lil thang on this planet." and I blush, but he couldn't tell because of how tan I am. "Besides, you make your worst choices when you are seventeen." Jason says; making me snap out of my fawning over how good Chase looks right now.

Then it kinda hit me like what the hell is Jason doing at BK's house. I feel my heart clench at his name, he was cheating on me for goodness sakes. "Why are you here?" I ask, bluntly and he looks at me in surprise. "I'm here because I was driving by, and your daddy was wondering if you were here. You know how bad this storm is right?" he asks and I shake my head and worry clouds my mind. "It is really bad, me and Britt are lucky we even got here. BK says that we can stay till it passes." He answers and I am somewhat relieved because Jay is my rock and Britt is like a big sister.

I smile at him and Britt looks at my tired face and I sigh. "Ya know, the whole being pregnant with Chase's baby wouldn't really be possible, because you're with Logan. Well, technically it is possible, but ya know I..." He trails off as Britt gives him a look at him, mouthing "RAMBLING" Chase laughs at the funny couple. A small smile plants itself on my lips and I take a deep breath at the thought of Logan. "Yeah, about that, he and I, well we aren't really umm..." I say, not sure how to say that Logan was cheating on me, and I have/had some feelings for BK and now am falling for Chase is a matter of twenty-four hours. "What Kate was trying to say is, her and Logan broke up and her and I are together now." Chase says, saving my ass. Jase watches me and ponders what Chase said, while Britt mouths "I need the details, missy." Jabbing a finger in my direction. I salute her and mouth "Yes ma'am".

Chase watches mine and Britt's funny exchange and chuckles to himself. I whimper as the thunder roars above the house, shaking the house; Chase wraps his arms around me and pulls me close, I shiver at the feel of his addicting touch. Part of me is scared about these feelings, because every guy I have depended on just hurt me. They will find somebody prettier, a better smile, tanner skin, prettier eyes, they will just forget about me. But then I am the person who says to "Follow your heart, no matter what stands between you and what your heart needs. Forget about what you can lose, rather think of what you can gain." But my heart has been hurtin' too much lately.

My dad always says, "If it hurts you enough, that meant it was worth it." I hated it when I was little because it made no sense to me, I would always say "Daddy, why would you put yourself in a place where you get hurt." If only I had known what Dad meant; now even though I want to hate Logan, I only wish that he is happy. If only little Kate could see me now, she would probably sob at the mess I am. She would probably run away and ask why I am like this and what happened to her. Why did I become hateful and sneaky? Why was I fighting with the man I adored, the man who supported her through everything? Why did I let such small little details come between my daddy and I? He would be so angry if he knew I want to have sex with like three of the guys he is friends with; actually he would lock me in my room and out the key away till I am thirty.

"Ain't you a little old for my baby girl?" Jason says shooting Chase a threatening look. "Jay, give the protective shit the fuck up. You have your own kids for that, and besides did you know Keeley has a boyfriend?" I say rolling my eyes, when I metion his daughter's boyfriend, he freezes up. Chase grabs my hips and whispers in my ear "Kate, you are talking about his daughter, don't push him to extreme matters. We want him on our good side babe." He kisses behind my ear and on my neck; I arched my back in response and my ass was against his boner and he was rock hard. Chase grunts as I moan at the contact. "Okay, that's is it. I'm sorry Kate, but I can't watch my niece and her boyfriend dry hump and then have sex in front of me." Jason growls before grabbing me bridal style and carrying me away. "And Chase I suggest you take a very cold shower to fix your problem." Chase actually blushes and Britt and I awe over the cuteness of him blushing.

He shoots us a mock glare, but he is smiling softly at me. Jay shuts the door and carries me into the living room, and he sits me on the couch. "So what happened between you and your lover boy?" I look out at the woods that surround BK's house. "He cheated on me." I whimpered near silently. Jay cocked his head to the side unable to hear what I said. "Logan cheated on me with the school slut, because he is a player and that's what they do. And I was stupid enough to fall for his shit." I say and a bitter laugh rolls of my lips. "I was so damn naïve to think that he would actually like someone like me. He always was too good for me like they said." I bitterly hissed thinking of Jess and her bitches.

"Kate, we all know that is complete bullshit. If a guy cheats on you and you are hurt by it, that means you were far too good for him, especially when you are teenagers. He just lost one of the most beautiful women I know and have ever seen." Brittany declares firmly. I look at her in surprise and I smile gratefully; I mentally fawn over the way Jason looks at her proudly.

I grin wider as I am picked up and set onto Chase's lap. I lean against his chest and listen to the soft beat of his heart. Jason grins at me and I raise one eyebrow in confusion. "What are we going to do to the asshole?" I smile sadly and shake my head in response. "I want to do it myself when I am ready. But I can't face him yet." I say and my Uncle Jay stops smiling when he realizes he doesn't get to beat up some kid. "Well, just make sure whatever you do, you bring Chase in case things go south on ya." And I look up at Chase and smile his sweet face watching me endearingly.