Chapter 2- The New Girl

Neji's POV

"OWW!" She cried.

"You should really look where you're going you know." I said.

She glared up at me, holding her nose.

Woah.

My eyes widened as I saw her face for the first time. She was definitely new, as I was certain I would have remembered seeing those warm brown eyes before.

I continued to get lost in them, until she spoke up again.

"Um, can you let me through?" Her voice sounded a little funny since she was holding her previously hit nose.

I faltered. "Oh... uh.. ya, sorry." I sidestepped to let her through, watching her as she walked in the opposite direction through the halls, her body angrily swaying as she walked.

Hyuga, wtf was that? You almost lost your cool. For a girl!

Ya, ya brain. I know. Won't happen again alright? Besides, I didn't almost "lose my cool." I was startled when she ran into me. That's all.

Sure....

This argument in my head continued until I opened the door to Tsunade's office.

"Um, Tsunade-sama? You wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Oh. Right, there you are Neji. We need to arrange times for all of the sports teams to use the field. Soccer's going to have to have practice from 5-7 on weekdays now, since the cheerleaders will need to use it before you."

I nodded. "Okay that's fine. Is that all?"

"Yup. Get out of here."

As I left, Shizune called out to me. "Oh, by the way, I think you have a new player!"

Okay. I don't really care unless he's good. I thought to myself.

I Left the headmistress' office, and while I didn't mind the later practices than usual, I seriously don't understand what use the soccer field was to the cheer team. I mean seriously, is cheer leading even a sport? I thought as I left the main building and walked towards the dorms.

I knocked on my room door. I had forgotten my key, which was strange. Usually I'm on top of everything, but today, I guess I was pretty out of it. Hm. That would explain the awkward encounter from earlier; I never flounder like that, or bump into people. Maybe I need sleep. "Hey, Uchiha. Let me in." I called.

The Uchiha let me in.

"What did Tsunade want?" He asked.

"Oh. It was just some scheduling thing for soccer." I said as I plopped down on my bed.

"Oh ya I heard you have to share the field with the cheerleaders this year."

"Ya. I don't understand. Were you aware that cheer leading is a sport?"

"Nope."

"Ya, neither was I."

I then started my homework that was due the next day, and Sasuke continued whatever he was doing before. I didn't dare mention the new girl. I have a reputation to uphold.