Chapter 8- The Day Continues

Tenten's POV

So for the most part, my first class at Konoha High was a success! Granted, I didn't do anything....

Sakura showed me to my next two classes. The second period we shared together was Calculus, which honestly? It beats me as to how I ended up in that class. Math was always my easiest subject (just one straight forward answer, with no convoluted solutions or context, perfect). But this was way harder than a normal math class.

I walked out of Calculus with Sakura, Shikamaru, and Neji, who were all in the class.

"So... you're telling me that you completely understood what Asuma-sensei was saying, and you weren't confused?" I asked them. "Are you like, wizards or something?"

This earned me a chuckle from Sakura and Neji, and I don't think Shikamaru was paying attention.

"Well, it can be hard at first." Sakura said. "If you need help, I'm happy to tutor you."

I sighed. "Thanks, but I'll get it eventually." I was NOT ready to give up my pride that easily by asking for help.

"Okay Tenten, biology is down that way, but I have to turn here." Sakura said as she waved goodbye.

I waved back, and I noticed that I was still walking with Neji as I changed direction.

"Are you in biology too?" I asked him.

"Hn." He responded.

"Why is he always so cold and stony?"

"Because I don't feel like talking." He answered

"Shoot, did I just say that out loud?"

"Yes. You did."

Shoot. I did it again. Yeesh. That was awkward. I'm seriously gonna have to watch what comes out of my mouth. He could have been a little nicer though, jeez.

We didn't talk for the rest of the walk to biology. I spent the whole time trying to recover from my awkwardness.

In the biology room, I took a seat next to Neji, since I didn't recognize anybody else in the class yet. We both just sat there not talking to each other, and I gotta say I can't take a silence for too long. Luckily, Naruto and Sasuke walked in, and Naruto always raises the decibels in any room by at least 50.

"Heyyyy! What's up guys! Been a while!" He waved to me and Neji and then he and Sasuke occupied the seats in front of us.

I mean, it's been like, an hour, but okay.

When Jiraiya-sensei walked in, he made me do the classic intro to the class like usual, but luckily I was getting better at it now that I had already done it a few times today.

As I listened to Jiraiya lecture, I noticed that Sakura was right about the pervy thing, he seemed to only call out the girls, and his descriptions were kind of gross... I shuddered at the thought of this crusty old dude spying.

"Are you okay?" Neji asked me as another thought ran through my head. It seems I had made a vocal rejection accidentally.

"Oh... ya." I kind of chuckled. "I'm fine."

"Oh. Good."

Did he... actually care about how I felt? Huh.

After class was over, me and the guys made our way down to lunch to meet up with everyone else.

"Ugh. Finally!" Naruto said, holding his stomach. "I'm so hungry I could eat a cow! Actually, that sounds really good right now...."

When we finally acquired the goods (a.k.a. our lunch), I sat next to Hinata, who had met up with us on the way.