Chapter 9- Strike!

Hinata's POV

I met up with the rest of the girls outside the gym after our last classes of the day. They were all still in their P.E. attire, and I was covered in paint from my art class with Deidara-sensei.

"Hi Tenten, are you still planning on going to the field today?"

She looked up at me enthusiastically. "Ya! One sec, let me grab my stuff." She ran into the girls locker room and came out shortly after with a soccer ball in hand. "Let's go!!!" She yelled.

We walked to the sports fields. I was carrying the portfolio that held my watercolor painting in it in one hand, and my paints in my other hand. The tree I always paint under is right to the side of the fields. It's so beautiful and peaceful there, and you can practically see the whole school. (Plus, whenever the baseball boys practice on the field it's a nice bonus...)

I set down my paper and started painting, as Tenten started kicking the ball around about 20 meters away from me. On the opposite side of the field, Naruto and Sasuke were tossing baseballs to each other. Naruto caught sight of me and waved. I shyly waved back.

Sasuke started pitching to Naruto while Naruto batted. Each ball he hit was a line drive that went at least halfway across the soccer field.

Wow, he's so amazing...

Okay. Stop it Hinata. You're staring now. That's creepy.

I blushed and tried to look elsewhere. I watched Tenten as she kicked the ball around. Although I've never known much about soccer (other than the limited facts Neji has taught me), I could tell she was really good. Her feet were quick and she seemed to have a lot of control over the ball.

I hope Neji lets her join.

I began to get to work on my painting. I was still only halfway done with it, so I had a lot of ground to cover.

I was in the zone and had been working for about 20 minutes when I heard Naruto yell something like, "Hinata!" I wondered why he yelled my name. Then, it hit me.

And I was out.

-------

Owwww. My head....

I opened my eyes to see a very concerned looking Naruto. He looked down at my face. "Oh. Good! You're awake!"

Oh my... He's so close. And warm, and sweaty, wait, why am I feeling his sweat? And then I realized he was carrying me.

And I was out again.

Before I lost consciousness I heard an exasperated Tenten, "Damnit Naruto! What are you doing to her!"