Chapter 18- The Date

Naruto's POV

I woke up early for once. In a panic. Thinking it was like, 2 in the afternoon, and that I had accidentally slept through my date with Hinata. That was until I looked at my clock and realized it was only 8am. I tried my best to go back to sleep, but my adrenaline had spiked from thinking I had woken up late and now I was just permanently awake. I decided maybe I'll do my homework for once. Don't worry, this is only a one time thing, it won't happen again.

It turns out I wasn't going to be doing any work that morning, because I just couldn't focus. My mind kept wandering to the events of the night before. When I had first woken up, I thought it was all a dream, but now that I still remembered it, it had to have been real. I smiled. I couldn't believe that the girl of my dreams actually liked an idiot like me! Even after I hit her in the head with a baseball! But that's not even the weirdest part. I frickin kissed Hinata! And she kissed me back! My stomach fluttered just thinking about it. Just thinking about her gave me all sorts of feelings. Her beautiful blue hair. Her pale eyes, which were very similar to Neji's, and yet were so much kinder than his. Her sensitive smile and her tiny quiet voice. Before I knew it I was laying on my bed grinning like an idiot and my homework lay forgotten on the floor. I'm dating Hinata Hyuga.

At about 12:30, I put on an orange hoodie and some khaki pants and headed to Hinata's room to pick her up. Shikamaru was, of course, still snoring.

*knock knock*

"Coming!" I heard a her voice call from inside.

A goddess opened the door. Hinata was wearing a simple light purple dress that highlighted her eyes. "You ready?" She smiled.

Ready? Oh shit. I almost forgot that I'm going on a date with Hinata Hyuga. I nodded, and we set off for the mall.

We took my run-down orange toyota, which was almost on its last leg (or wheel, if you will), but it had never let me down so far. I opened the door for her. "Uh, sorry about the mess." I said, scratching the back of my head.

"It's okay, Naruto." She said, giggling a little bit.

Wow, she's so amazing.

Once we got to the mall, we decided to get something to eat first. "Do you wanna go to Ichiraku?" I asked.

"Sure."

We headed over in silence. Admittedly, it was kind of awkward. I had never been on a date before. Or at least not like, a real one. After a few minutes of walking we were there.

"Hi Mr. Teuchi!"

The ramen shop owner turned to me. "Oh hello Naruto. And you brought a girl with you! How nice. You better not mess this one up!" I smirked back at him. Mr. Teuchi and I have known each other for a long time. I've been coming here ever since I was little.

"Can I have the usual please?" I asked as I sat at the stand. "What do you want Hinata?"

"Oh um... I don't know. Whatever you're getting I guess." Mr. Teuchi smiled, and went to work.

We sat in silence for a while. I just had no idea what to talk to her about.

Chill Naruto. It's just Hinata. You talk to her all the time, right?

Hinata seemed to know what I was thinking. "Naruto... a-are you nervous?

"Um, well, ya know... I've just never been on a date before, with a girl that I actually like."

She blushed. "W-well you don't have to be nervous Naruto... I like you for you! So act like yourself." She smiled and twiddled her fingers. I love when she does that. "So, how has baseball been going?"

I laughed. "Terrible! None of the freshmen know what they're doing yet, except for Konohamaru, who I've kind of taken under my wing. I consider him my protege."

Pretty soon we were talking and laughing like we always do, and it was no longer awkward. We paid for the ramen and left. "So... what now?" Hinata asked.

"We could see a movie?"

She nodded. "Okay!"

We walked to the movie theatre. I kept feeling like we were being watched, but when I turned around, no one was there. Hinata seemed not to notice anything, so I just decided I must have been going crazy. I turned to Hinata after looking at the releases. "So... there's pretty much two options. We could either see a romantic movie or a horror movie, and the rest look kind of B-rated."

We both turned to each other. "Romance." We said at the same time. Neither of us were huge horror fans, and admittedly I am kind of sappy for romance movies. So is Hinata. Thus, we went to watch some movie about Ryan Gosling and his wife with Alzheimer's.

Already 10 minutes into the movie, Hinata and I were both sobbing. The plot was so beautiful and yet so sad. My running eyes had gotten the popcorn all soggy, which was kind of gross, but I still ate it.

After the movie, Hinata and I stayed and watched the credits simply so that we could continue to cry for a little bit after the movie. I threw aside any facade of manliness. It's Ryan Gosling alright? I'm not made of stone!

Overall Hinata and I had probably the most perfect date I could have imagined. I mean, sure, I cried, but so did she. So it was all good. Walking back to the parking lot, I caught sight of some pink hair behind a bush.

Oh, I so knew they would do this! I bet Ino was behind it.

I took Hinata's hand in mine. The minute my hand touched hers, a surge of warmth was sent through my entire body. The heat went to my cheeks, and I blushed. It felt like her little palm was just fated to sit in mine, and they fit together perfectly. I smiled at her, and she smiled right back. I got lost in her beautiful white eyes again. I'm dating Hinata Hyuga.

With my other hand, I flipped off the bush when Hinata wasn't looking.