Chapter 3- Meet the Girls!

Tenten's POV

Okay, so my room should be here, but it jumps from 215 to 217? Does my room just not exist?? Ugh... this is so confusing. I've never been good with directions....

I had been aimlessly wandering the halls for at least 20 minutes trying to find room 216, and it was absolutely nowhere. I really didn't want to ask anyone for help, but I decided to swallow my pride and suck it up.

"Hey uh... excuse me?" I walked up to a boy with bright blond hair strolling through the hallway.

He flashed a big toothy grin back at me. "Hello! Are you new? I don't recognize you! I'm Naruto Uzumaki!" He put his hand out with the intention of shaking mine, which I did.

Woah, well he's friendly....

"Hi, I'm Tenten, and um... can you help me? I can't find my room anywhere..." I showed him the number on my room card.

"Oh." He smiled. "Yeah, that's because you're on the guys side of the building. All of the even numbers are on the other side. It's kind of weird, I know."

I looked around. "Oh, really?" Well now that I think about it, I haven't passed a single girl this whole time... huh.

I inwardly groaned at my own idiocy. "Well, that explains a lot, thanks Naruto!" When I looked back up to thank him though, he was already gone.

Huh. Weird guy.

After another ten minutes or so of roaming the halls, I had finally made it to the girls side, which I was aware of when I saw even numbered dorms and girls walking around instead of dudes.

I made it to my room. Ugh. Finally! When I walked in, a girl with midnight blue hair and white eyes was sitting on one of the beds.

Oh shoot, do I have the wrong room or something?

The girl got up. "Oh. A-Are you my new roommate? Tsunade-sama mentioned that I would be getting one."

Oh okay... I guess she's my roommate then. Her voice is so cute and quiet, aww.

I stuck my hand out in greeting. "I guess so! I'm Tenten!"

"O-Okay, I-I'm Hinata Hyuga. It's nice to meet you, and to finally have a roommate. It gets so lonely here sometimes, but Ino and Sakura usually come here. They might be on their way now actually..."

Almost on cue, there was a knock at the door. A loud voice yelled, "OMG Hinata! Let us in! Boy do we have serious tea!"

Since I was closer, I opened the door to two enthusiastic girls, one with bright pink hair and green eyes and the other with long blond hair covering half her face and blue eyes.

"Oh Hinata!" The blonde one called. "You finally got your roommate! I'm Ino Yamanaka." I shook her hand.

"Oh I'm Tenten. Nice to meet you."

"Oh and I'm Sakura Haruno!" Said the pinkie. I shook her hand as well.

As I started getting my stuff ready on the unoccupied bed, Ino and Sakura spilled whatever tea they had to Hinata and me.

"Okay, so there's this total crackhead bitch in our grade named Karin..." Ino started to explain to me as Hinata and Sakura closed their eyes and nodded knowingly. "And like, she absolutely hates us..."

"Okay, got it." I replied, nodding my head to signify I was following along.

Ino continued. "Probably because both Sakura and Karin are like, both desperately in love with Sasuke-" She was interrupted when a pillow whacked her face.

"Shut up Ino-pig! How many times do I have to tell you, I don't like Sasuke!"

"Don't call me that, Billboard Brow!"

"Ino-pig!"

"Billboard Brow!"

"Wait, hold up." I interrupted. "Who's Sasuke."

"Sasuke Uchiha." Sakura said. "He's like, the most popular guy in the school. And also the hottest." Sakura's eyes kind of glazed over when she said that part.

Hinata waved her hand over Sakura's eyes. No response. "Sakura? Sakura?"

Ino simply shook her head and chuckled a little bit, muttering something about, "Classic."

After a while, Ino continued. "Anyway, he and Neji Hyuga, Hinata's cousin, practically run the school, and everyone's always trying to get with them. Especially Karin."

"Oh okay. So what happened to her?"

Ino smiled evilly, and Sakura finally awakened from her trance.

"Well..." Ino started, and was interrupted by Sakura, who was simply oozing with excitement to tell the story. Ino let her have it.

"Ok so the crackhead bitch was yelling at her underclassmen followers about something completely irrelevant, like I think she was mad that they wore the same shoes or something... But anyway, Ino and I were walking through the halls, like MINDING OUR OWN BUSINESS when she says to me 'Oh where you going forehead, to go kiss your imaginary boyfriend?' And in my head I'm all UGH THE NERVE OF THIS BITCH ya know? But I decide to play it classy and I'm like, 'Sorry sweetie, unlike you I don't have one of those.' And she goes, 'Oh, so even your imaginary man broke up with you?' And in my head I'm all, ugh this bitch. But then I say 'Shut up Karin, you are literally the human version of a period cramp.' And she goes, 'Well good luck getting Sasuke when Kami put all the mass into your forehead and none in your boobs.' And I'm like okay, that's it. Who tf insults someone's boob size? So not classy. So I'm raising my fist, about to go in for the kill right?"

Hinata and Ino both winced. Apparently Sakura wasn't kidding about "going in for the kill." I chuckled slightly. I think I'm gonna get along with this girl.

"And guess who walks up? Fuckin Kakashi-sensei, reading his porn book or whatever, and he's all, 'Is there a problem ladies?' OF COURSE THERE'S A PROBLEM! THIS BITCH RIGHT HERE IS THE PROBLEM! Ugh he bugs me sometimes. Because of him that crackhead escaped! I am so getting her next time she tries to play my ass like that again..."

Ino, Hinata, and I were clutching our stomachs by the end of Sakura's story. I laughed harder than I had for a long time. I mean, the story wasn't that funny, but Sakura just told it so well. I guess I just made my first friends at Konoha, maybe they aren't such pricks after all.

By the time we had finished wheezing out our last laughs, it was about time to make our way down to the dining hall. I, who had not eaten anything since the plane, was especially hungry.