Chapter 23- Game Time

Tenten's POV

I woke up when my insides made a sudden jolt, which I realized had meant the bus finally stopped moving. My head was comfortably resting on something. I looked to see what I had fallen asleep on, and then almost hopped five feet in the air when I realized I had fallen asleep on Neji! His head had been resting on top of mine. My eyes no doubt held a look of shock. I turned to Kiba, who was staring at us and winking suggestively. I greeted him with my middle finger.

I slowly escaped from my position. Luckily, he hadn't woken up from my movement, and if I was even luckier, he never would know that I was there in the first place. I poked his cheek with my finger. "Sleeping Beauty...." I said mockingly. "Wake up. We're there."

He groaned. "You know Sleeping Beauty was woken up with a kiss right?" He joked.

I slapped him in the face instead. "Well was that enough to wake you up?"

He rubbed the part of his cheek that was now bright red. "Ya, alright."

He walked up the front of the bus to address the team. His movements were much more springy than I expected. It seems his nerves and adrenaline far surpassed the grogginess he may have felt from falling asleep.

"Okay team." He said, now addressing the entire bus. "This game has been part of Konoha tradition for years that far surpass our own. It's been a while since the title of winner was been ours in this match, but tonight, we have the full power to break that streak and their confidence with it." He broke into a smile. "Now, let's kick some ass!" Neji said quite uncharacteristically, raising his fist in the air.

"Literally!" Kiba said, earning a few laughs. I smiled and cheered with the rest of the team. I had never seen Neji so hyped up. It was a nice change from his normal couldn't-give-a-shit attitude, and I had to say I liked it. His speech was effective though, which I guess was the result of Neji's unusual attitude. He was serious when he had to be, but knew when to turn on a different perspective. I fully understood why he was the captain.

We were escorted to the visitors' locker room by one of the Suna coaches, who was talking with Gai-sensei, but by the looks of it, not willingly. There was only one locker room, so I had to run into a stall to change. When I came out of it, I soon realized the boys were changing, so I ran out of the locker room with a hand covering my eyes, and waited outside the door for them to finish. (I did NOT want to see that).

I quickly got bored. (Seriously, how long does it take for guys to change? What do they do in there?) I started wandering around for a little bit, not wanting to stray too far. The visitors' side of the stadium didn't really have much to look at, so when I reached the end of the hallway I just turned around and headed back. It was then that I was approached by a few boys in yellow uniforms. Oh. Shit.

"Well, well, well." The front one sneered. "You play for Konoha? But you're too cute!" The owner of this voice was a boy with brown hair, purple eye black under his cheeks, and a sneer that was all too telling of the malice underneath it.

"Kankuro!" Another voice came from the shadows, this time belonging to a girl. "Leave her alone. I told you to save your aggressions for the field!"

"Oh come on sis!" He complained. "I only wanted to check out the competition!" He winked at me after he said that.

My savior was a tall blond girl, who walked up to Kankuro and the others, and hit him upside the head. "You check out enough people at our own school already." She then turned to me. "So you're my replacement huh?" She smirked. "Sorry about my younger brother. He doesn't know how to handle himself."

I blinked for a minute, fully comprehending what she said. "So, you're Temari?"

"Oh, so you've heard about me? Well, I'd love to sit here and chit-chat, but I'll save that for later. Let's go." She beckoned for her teammates to follow her. They quickly obeyed her orders, leaving me alone in the dark corridor again. Some of my teammates had exited the locker room, and were viewing the scene from afar. I ran to go join them