Chapter 14- Neji's a Girl Now

Neji's POV

"Um, where are we going?" I asked Tenten when we passed the infirmary and didn't go inside.

"Oh, well I was gonna get Hinata some ice cream from across the street as a recovery present, but I greatly appreciate your offer to come with me." She looked up at me and flashed a big smile as we walked. Shoot. I didn't know that's what she was doing. Ugh. This is gonna be a drag. Great! Now she's even got me thinking like Shikamaru.

"Well I guess it's a good thing that I'm coming with you then, since it's getting pretty dark."

She scoffed. "Excuse me, but what is that supposed to mean?" She then gave me an accusatory glare.

Shoot. I messed up.

I tried to make it better.

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean, the city just gets somewhat dangerous at night."

"IT'S ACROSS THE STREET. Plus, I am MORE than capable of defending myself. Including right now. From you. So you better watch what you say." She crossed her arms and didn't talk to me for several minutes.

Niceeeee, Hyuga. That was MUCH better.....

Shut up.

Outside the ice cream store were a group of shady looking guys who had just walked out the nearby bar. One of them came up to me.

"Hey beautiful, looking for a ride?" He winked at me. Um what the actual fuck is up with this dude. Is he really so drunk that he thinks I'm a woman. And then I panicked a little. Or do I just actually look like a woman...

"Excuse me, but I am a man. And one who doesn't talk to people like you either."

The man looked kind of shocked at my proclamation that I am indeed, a guy. He then turned to Tenten and smirked. "Well, what about you miss?" 

Fuck you man. First you hit on me, then my friend? I mean, I'm still right here!

You're mad at him because of that? You need to sort out your priorities. He's hitting on Tenten!

Oh shit. You're right.

She looked him up and down dismissively. "Um, no thanks. Besides, I don't think your wife would appreciate it." With that, she walked into the ice cream store.

I looked at the guy who was annoying us. He did in fact have a wedding ring on, and his face looked pretty shocked. I smirked and flipped him off as I went into the store.

Tenten had a slight scowl on her face, but when she saw me walk in it became her big happy Tenten smile again. "So, what would you like Ms. Hyuga?" She joked.

"Ugh. Shut up. And don't mention that to anybody else please. Especially not Naruto. Or Sasuke. Or Ino. Or..."

"Okay. Ya, ya. I get it." But the evil grin on her face told me otherwise. "So tell me." She began as we started serving ourselves soft serve. I picked up strawberry for myself and vanilla for Hinata, while Tenten got cookies and cream. "Are you mistaken for a girl often?"

My face flushed slightly. "I mean, that wasn't the first time..."

Tenten giggled. For some reason, her laugh made me feel a little queasy, or maybe it was the dinner from earlier.

I turned back to her, feeling that my face was back to its normal color. "So tell me, does that happen to girls often?"

She had a slight frown on her face. "Yeah, kinda. But that guy wasn't even that bad. I've heard wayyy worse. But, it's always good practice for my glaring skills!" She perked up at that last comment. Wow, she's so positive, all of the time.