Chapter 10- Strike! Part 2

Naruto's POV

I sprinted over to Hinata.

Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. I can't believe I just hit her in the face. Shoot. There's no telling how fast that ball was going. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. I'm an idiot. Shut up, Uzumaki. Get a hold of yourself. Shoot.

Tenten was already by her side. There was a huge bump on her forehead. Shit.

Tenten looked at me furiously. Steam seemed to be projecting from her ears, and her face was bright red.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" She yelled.

"Nothing! It was an accident! I swear!"

Tenten tried her best to carry Hinata, but Tenten wasn't that much bigger than her. I offered to take her instead.

"Can I trust you?" She asked skeptically. The look on my face seemed to calm her down. She begrudgingly handed over Hinata while Tenten grabbed the painting stuff. Sasuke was walking and eventually caught up as I carried Hinata to the nurse.

A few minutes later, Hinata's eyes started to flutter open. She looks so cute like that.

No. Naruto. That's wrong. You should feel bad.

Right. Sorry.

"Oh good! You're awake!" I said to her.

Her face turned super red, and she fainted again. Tenten started yelling at me.

Shit. Okay. Hang in Hinata, we're almost there.

When we finally reached the nurse's office, I placed her on a bed.

Shizune looked at me with wide, panicked eyes. "What did you do to this poor girl?!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident I swear!"

Shizune started preparing an ice pack and some pain killers for when Hinata eventually woke up. Tenten turned to me and Sasuke.

"Um, so the secretary's the nurse?"

We both nodded in response.

"Huh. Cool..."

I walked over to Hinata. Tenten blocked me with her arm. "Woah woah, can I trust you near her?"

"To do what!? It was an accident!"

"You made her faint! Twice!"

"Okay, the second time wasn't exactly my fault though...."

I then heard a deep and serious tone that could only be one person....

"NARUTOOOOO."

Oh shit.

I raised my hands up for protection. "N-o no no no, I swear, it was an accident... I didn't do anything!"

The fury on Neji Hyuga's face was one that I never want to see again. "What. Did. You. Do. To. Her."

"He gave her a concussion." Shizune replied, while tending to Hinata's head.

I gulped.

Neji punched me in the stomach.

Okay, I probably deserve that... I thought as I keeled over.

I glanced over at Sasuke. He was snickering.

"This was your doing wasn't it."

He only smirked in reply. That shithead.

Soon, the whole gang had arrived thanks to Sasuke's text, and immediately I was chewed out by Sakura and Ino.

"I swear to God Naruto..."

"If you ever,"

"Ever!"

"Hurt her again..."

I heard a sweet soft laugh coming from behind me.

"Hinata!!!!!" Everyone exclaimed.

Hinata tried to sit up, and then winced. Tenten helped her get comfortable and held the ice on her now purple forehead.

Ugh. I can't believe I hurt her so badly.

Upon seeing Hinata in pain like this, I almost wanted to cry. I never wanted to see her hurting, ever, and now she was and it was my fault.

Almost as if she could read my mind, she looked at me and smiled. "It's okay Naruto. It's really not your fault. I should have been paying more attention." She giggled.

How is it possible to be that amazing?

"Okay Hinata. You likely have a concussion, so you need to stay here for at least a few days. I'll notify your teachers that you won't be coming in for a while." Shizune said. "In the meantime, you children get out and let her rest." She shooed the rest of us out the door.

"I hope she'll be okay..." Sakura said nervously.

"Eh, she seemed fine." Shikamaru said thoughtfully. "Although, she didn't stutter even once when talking to Naruto, so maybe that concussion did something good for her..."

I glanced at Neji. He still seemed pretty pissed at me, but better now that he knew his cousin was okay.

"Let's get dinner now." Tenten offered while rubbing her stomach. "I haven't eaten since lunch and that's pretty irregular for me."

The rest of us agreed and we headed to the dining hall. Sasuke, Tenten, and I were still sweaty and gross but no one really cared about that. My mind didn't leave Hinata's side the whole time.