Part 12

~3 months later~

It's been three months, and I miss my friends a lot. My birthday's coming up so that's cool. Madison and I agreed not to do anything special. But.......I did decide on making myself a cake.

I roll off my bed and walk to my bathroom. I simply take off my glasses and grab a towel. I walk into the shower to start the day. As soon as I walk out I grab leggings and a hoodie. I FaceTime lily for what seemed like forever until I decide on going to Target. I take Madison's car and start driving. I pull up into the Target parking lot but spot a familiar face.
"Is that Jaden?" I thought to myself before parking. 'No- they're in L.A' I reassure myself before walking in. I walk to the baking isle and search for funfetti cake batter. I finish my shopping and walk to the register. But I could've sworn I saw "Avani?" I mentally slap myself and just pay for the stuff.
       I get home and set the bag on the counter. "Hey Mads, I could've sworn I saw Avani and Jaden at Target," I rub my temples. "O-Oh t-that's od-d," Madison places the cake batter in the cabinet before running into her room. I just brush it off and slump to my room.

One day until my birthday so I decide to hang out at Lily's house. We film a couple Tiktoks but I accidentally bump into lily. We both laugh at each other and post it. We do face masks and watch Netflix. I get tired so I fell asleep before lily. I turn and slip off the bed. "Oh god, *laughs* M-Max are you ok?" Lily looks over the bed and continues laughing at me. I groan and grab my side. "Yea..." I get up before walking to the bathroom. I take off the face mask and walk back to bed.

Avani💘

Happy early Birthday Bebe 🥺🎂

Thanks Avani 🥺😘

I wish I could hug you right now 🥺

Same 😞

I fall asleep to a thought of my birthday tomorrow. I close my eyes and let the calm feeling run throughout my body.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!" Lily screams before pulling me into a bear hug. I immediately wake up and remember it's my 19'th birthday. I rub my eye before hugging lily back. "Thanks lily," I squeeze her before looking at the clock. "I should probably go back home," I frown but I remember about the cake I wanted to bake. I run home and immediately turn into the direction of the kitchen. I search the cabinet for the batter but no sign of it there. I let out a sigh and slump back to my room. "Happy 19'th Birthday little sister!" Madison runs up to me and hugs me tight. "I know you said nothing big but I wanted you to have fun. I have two birthday gifts for you today but I can only give you one for now," Madison gives me a mischievous smirk before walking back to her room. She reappears in my room with a box, "I know you've been wanting this for a while so I hope you like it," she said with a huge smile on her face. "Oh my gosh, you did not," I jolt up and give Madison a hug. Converse Chuck 70 Chenille Golf Le Fleur's laid in the box. The pink tint gave it an adorable look. I thank Madison again and put them on. I decided to make the cake but remembered that I didn't know where the batter was so I just took off my shoes and went to sleep.

Madison's POV

I went back to my room and texted the group.

Mission impossible

Ok, she's asleep

Sweet! We'll be there in a few

Okie :p

I just sit in my room and scroll through Instagram when I get a text.

Mission impossible

Avani couldn't wait so we're here now

I go to open the door and I'm greeted by familiar faces. I lead them in and walk them to a spare room. "Ok, so we'll start preparing for the surprise party at like 6 maybe. Lily will take her to the mall so we'll have plenty of time." I whisper so I don't wake Max up. Anthony and the rest nod. I walk to my room and just let the plan fall into action.
It's 5:45 and Max has left with lily to the mall. I run down the hall and into the spare room. They all look up at me and I give them a nod. They suddenly stretch and walk out the door. Jaden and Anthony help with the presents and decorations, while Avani helps me bake the cake. After we put the cake in the oven I help Jaden and Anthony with the decorations. Chase, Sam, Bryce, Jackson, Griffin, Tayler, and Josh help with bringing in a few last minute presents and party supplies. I squeal in excitement but hear a car pull up. "Guys! Hide!" I turn off the lights and hide with Avani behind the counter. I hear the door knob twist and suddenly we all jump out and yell in unison "Surprise!" There stands a confused Max. We all go in for a group hug. "You guys! I missed you guys so much!" Was all she said.

Max POV

I hug everyone and we all start talking. I walk towards Madison and hug her. "You did this didn't you?" I giggle. She pets my head and gestures me to go back to my friends. I nod and make my way to the group. "Who wants to play truth or dare!" Bryce yells which makes me laugh. We all sit down in a circle and start the game. "Ok, Madison. Truth or dare," Tayler asks Madison with a smirk. "Truth," Madison says in a sassy way. "Do you like anyone," Tayler smirks once again. "Nope," Madison says proudly. Bryce faces his lap. Suddenly we all start teasing Bryce. He starts laughing and we continue the game. Right now, it's my turn. "Max, truth or dare." Anthony looks at me in the eyes. "Since none of y'all with pick dare, I will," I say with a smirk.

"I dare you to kiss me,"