Part 14

'Maybe you should stop being friends with Avani....' 'Just tell her about Amelie,' 'She won't believe you...' 'Give it some time'
I thought for hours and hours until I decided just to give Amelie a chance. Maybe she'll change, right? I walk to the kitchen to grab some water, but everyone except Madison is playing truth or dare in the living room. I let them play and walk back to my room. 'They'll leave you for Amelie.'
I snap back to reality and realize I was crying. I wipe my tear and sit on the edge of my bed. 'Maybe meeting Jaden was a mistake, maybe I shouldn't have gone on tour...'
I'm interrupted in my thoughts when I realize I said that out loud. "What do you mean meeting me was a mistake?!" Jaden stands at my door with an angry expression.
I jolt up and try to find an explanation, "Jaden! Look, I can't tell you because I'm not sure of what I'm thinking is true..." I sigh and facepalm myself. "No maybe your right, after I stick up for you at Starbucks and tried cheering you up, after breaking up with Mads because I can't change what I feel, AFTER YOU KNEW THAT I HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU, YOU GO FOR ANTHONY?! AFTER I DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU! AFTER I CAME BACK TO VISIT YOU, YOU TELL ME IT WAS A MISTAKE TO EVER KNOW ME?! Goodbye Max Beer!"
Jaden storms out of my room but I chase after him, "Jaden wait! Let me give you an answer!" I tug his arm but he doesn't face me. "Jaden Isaiah Hossler, please let me explain!" He finally faces me and his expression softens. I lead him back to my room and close the door. "This might take a long time to explain...." I rub my nape and sit on my bed, I pat the spot next to me for him to sit. I give him a hug before trying to explain, "Ok, you know Amelie right?" I ask right away. "Yeah, of course," Jaden says with a smile. "Well, ever since she saw me with Avani on FaceTime, I think she hates me. I'm not sure,but she's pushed me into the pool, poured water on me, she just hates me, but she never shows her actions in front of you guys, it's stressing me out. I think she just wants you guys to think of me of the bad guy." I let out a sigh before facing Jaden. His face is blank, 'He doesn't believe you,'
Jaden hugs me and I return the hug. "Thanks for telling me, I've been getting bad vibes from Amelie, believe it or not but she's been taking Avani from us, I'll go tell the rest so they're aware," Jaden says and walks back to the guys. I nod and lay down, 'you aren't sure, you can't just tell him these things, he might not even believe you.' I close my eyes and try to think about the positive things. 'You can visit Lily or Haysley....' That's right! Haysley moved here 7 years ago! I thought to myself before changing into  denim shorts and a cropped shirt. I tie my hair into a messy ponytail and grab my keys. I drive to Haysley's and hope she's still there. I get out of my car and slowly make my way to her front door. As I knock the door a dog starts barking. 'Haysley doesn't have a dog, she probably left...'
The thought of Haysley leaving NYC hurts. But maybe she's still here. An elder lady opens the door and gives me a warm smile, I return the smile, "Hi, I'm looking for The Smith family," I simply say, the woman's expression changes. "I'm sorry miss, but the Smith family moved after their daughter's car crash two years ago," The lady replies and pats my shoulder. I nod and walk back to my car. Tears sting my eyes as the thought of Haysley's death in my mind. 'You were a horrible friend! You ditched her in 9'th grade for a boy. She promised never to leave you behind,' The tears slip down my cheek as I drove. I pulled over so I don't crash. I put my face in my palms. "Haysley, let's promise not to leave each other, even if we move, promise we won't forget each other." "I Haysley Ana Smith promise never to forget Max Nyx Beer, even if we move, I will always remember Max Nyx Beer," our pinkies interlocking with each other sealed the deal.
I flashed back to the present to realize it got dark out, my face stained with tears was going to give me out. I start driving once again, I get home and realize Amelie was still here. I walk straight to my room and notice all the guys here. "OUT!" I point to the door and the guys leave my room. I lock the door and slide to the ground. Covering my face with my knees so you can't hear my sobs. "Max? Please open the door," Avani's sweet and gentle voice calmed me down a bit but the thought of Amelie slip through. "Go away!" I sobbed more. It was quiet for a minute until another voice spoke, "Max, please open the door. Avani and I want to talk to you," Madison sounded serious so I opened the door. I soon hug Madison and cry into her shoulder. "What happened?" She patted my back as she spoke. "H-Haysley......s-she's de-ead...." I cried my heart out until I had no more tears in me. Madison and Avani comforted me as I cried, 'They don't care about you, they just pity you,' the voice in my head made me angrier by the minute. I sighed and thanked the girls. They left the room and I went back to crying. 'You're the worst friend anyone could ask for!' I cried more when the thought crossed my mind, "shhhhhh, it'll be ok. I'm here," I looked up to see Jaden. I hugged him tight, he stroked my hair and my breathing went back to normal. "T-thanks," I faced him. "Don't thank me, it's what friends do," he smiled at me and I hugged him again. The warmth of his body was soothing, I soon fell asleep to the feeling of being safe. 'You are the worst human being on this planet,' I ignored the thought and peacefully went to sleep.

(A/N Thank You So So Much for 1k reads! I didn't know people would be interested in my writing ☺️ -Iceyfy)