07. Bricks and Bombs

Carl Gallagher and Bella Leticia Zambada-García sat on the steps of the Gallagher house with Ethel and Debbie. Bella was eating a red popsicle and was holding Carl's, putting it in his mouth every so often so he could eat some as they played with their makeshift blow-torch. He had a can of insect repellent in one hand and a grill lighter in the other, laughing at the large flames. Fiona walked down the steps and Bella scooted to the side so she could get down.

"I need my own room!" Debbie reminds and Carl lights his blowtorch again.

"I'm late for work" Fiona sighs. "Carl! Quit it!"

"I can't share a room with someone in a constant state of arousal!" Debs whines and Bella giggles at Liam, who's hands are wrapped around his thing. She puts Carl's popsicle in his mouth as the two siblings argue. "I'm gonna be a woman soon!"

Fiona watches Carl, who lights the blowtorch for the third time in her presence and she has had enough. "Hey. Enough" She scolds, getting the can and lighter from him and he groans. He throws him arms up in defeat and Bella gives him his frozen treat.

"Frank's been gone for months. You move into Frank's room...Lip takes yours, Ian and Carl share with Liam" Debs proposes, still not giving up the idea of having her own room.

"Frank will be back" Fiona rolls her eyes and begins to walk away. "In bed by midnight. No exceptions!" She yells, pointing at Carl and Bella. The girl leans her head on her boyfriend and at this point she's halfway done with her popsicle.

Debbie watches Fiona walk off into the distance and practically throws herself onto the steps. "Bitch" She says in reference to her sister.

Carl was moving into Bella's house for the summer

Carl was moving into Bella's house for the summer. Had he told anyone besides Bella? No, but he refused to be in the same room as all of his brothers. His girlfriend sat on Ian's bad while Carl gathered most of his things in a garbage bag. She swung her legs back and forth, watching him gather some clothes and weapons that he thought he would need for some reason. "Why don't you just leave your stuff here?" She asks, making him turn around. "I mean it's just down the street. You can just come over and get ready in the mornings"

Carl sits on the floor in defeat, punching the side of his bed a few times before sighing. "Im almost done and now you tell me that?"

"Sorry" Bella giggles, standing up to grab the big trash bag her boyfriend was previously packing. "I'll unpack everything and actually fold it for once and then we can go to my house, okay?" She asks and he nods.

They sat there for almost 45 minutes while she folded his clothes and actually organized them by drawer. Usually Carl would just throw his stuff in there but Bella decided to just take matters into her own hands. He watched her with a grin on his face and spoke for the first time in about half an hour. "You're so pretty" He says, playing with some of her hair and the young girl blushes.

"You're pretty too" She pats his cheek affectionately and he punches her in the shoulder. She groans in pain and punches him back before kissing his forehead. He lays down on the bed while she folds and Ian and Mandy walk in. The redhead smirks at the sight of his kid brother and his girlfriend who was folding her clothes.

"Why don't you ever do that for me?" He teases, poking Mandy in the side and she hits his arm playfully.

"Fuck off Gallagher" She rolls her eyes and sits on his bed. "So how long have you guys been dating?" She asks the kids and Bella looks to Carl.

"What?" The boy asks her.

"Answer the question" Bella mumbles and puts the last of his clothes in the drawer. She grabs the other bag of stuff that Carl would actually be taking to her house and Ian raises an eyebrow.

"What's that for?" The teenager asks.

"Carl's moving in with me for the summer" Bella explains and he scoffs.

"What?" He asks in confusion, looking between his brother and Bella. "Does Fiona know?"

"Nope" Carl shakes his head. "She probably won't even notice for the first few days" He says and Ian looks at him in disbelief.

"Okay well" He laughs and the two kids get up from the bed. Carl grabs the bag and they walk out of the room and down the stairs. They pass Debbie who's playing with Liam and some of the other kids. The redhead is too preoccupied to say anything and the dynamic duo walk out together. When they reach the front door Bella turns to Carl.

"You don't know how long we've been dating?" She asks and he looks around nervously.

"A few months" He shrugs and she gasps, stopping him from walking. She narrows her eyes and the boy sighs. "Seven months?"

Bella scans his face and then she realizes, she doesn't know how long they've been dating either. She thinks of what to say and decide to just play it off. "Yup" The Latina nods and Carl sighs in relief.

They go across the street to Bella's house and enter to find that her mom isn't even there. Carl brings his bag into the guest room because Bella's mom. says he's "not allowed to sleep" in the girls room. First of all, Elvia was wrong to think that they would listen and second, it's not like she cared enough to check anyways. The young girl waits in her room while Carl just throws the bag in the guest room beside hers. When he walks back in she's holding a stink bomb that she had hidden in hopes of surprising him.

The boy grins, grabbing her forearm and they run down the stairs to the street. They ponder where they should go and mostly who they were gonna use this against. Carl looks to the house that Tony is currently remodeling in hopes to get closer to Fiona and points to it. Bella grins and they walk to the front door, knowing he's not there. The girl tries to turn the door handle but it's locked, she knows that she shouldn't have counted on it since he is a cop and decides she'll just have to jump the fence leading to the backyard. It was fairly easy considering there was a gate that she could just open but upon trying to open the back door she found that it was locked aswell. The two kids now stood in front of the house again, looking for a hidden key or something to help them get in. Bella is on the edge of the fence that borders V and Kev's house when she notices a stack of bricks in their yard. She ponders for a moment, considering whether or not Tony would arrest a couple ten year olds for breaking his window and throwing in a stink bomb.

She decides she doesn't care and walks around, grabbing a brick. When she stands back up she notices Ethel through the window, the younger girl waves politely and the older one waves back. Veronica comes from out the kitchen and Bella throws herself on the floor to escape the wrath of V. V notices Ethel talking to someone outside and looks through the window. She doesn't see anything and shrugs, turning around.

Bella emerges back up from the dirt, wiping her now dirty face and waves the brick in the air to catch Carl's attention. When she finally does he nods in approval and Bella doesn't even notice that V saw her standing out in the middle of the yard holding a brick above her head. Bella walks over to Carl and hands it to him, he winds his arm back and is about to throw it while Bella reaches for the lighter for the stink bomb and their actions are halted by Veronica opening the door.

"What the hell are you kids doin'?!" She scolds and Carl drops the brick. Bella hides the stink-bomb behind her back and before you know it V is dragging the two kids by the ear and back to the Gallagher's.