30. Dates

Bella Leticia Zambada-García and Carl Francis Gallagher walked over to her house drunkenly. It was nearing two AM as the only source of light was that of the moon and Carl's phone. They had just finished celebrating their fifteenth birthday, a night they spent with the Gallaghers and Sean. Besides the fact that Lip was already drunk when he got there, it was good. The teens felt loved, a feeling they weren't exactly accustomed to but deep down they knew they always had someone who cared about them. It was what they needed, both of them never allowing themselves to admit the pain they were in. The pain Carl felt every time he closed his eyes and could see that little boy who had been beaten to death by Nick. And the pain Bella felt every day as she sat in her quiet house with no one to talk to but herself.

Dominique had shown up to their little party, Carl practically ignoring Bella the whole time his girlfriend was there but she didn't stay long. The two were still partying well after Dominique had left. Bella fumbled with the doorknob and got it after a few tries-swinging open the front door as Carl almost missed the step to walk in. He laughed, checking the time on his phone. "Dom thinks I'm asleep"

Bella giggled at her friend, helping him stand up straight before he shut the front door behind him. "If only she knew you stayed up all night drinking with the slut from across the street, huh?"

The Gallagher's eyes widened at his best friend's words. "How'd you know she calls you that?" He whispered incredulously and it took her a few moments to realize that he was only kidding. She punched him in the stomach lightly and he leaned forward. "Im kidding! I'm the one who calls you that!"

Bella only rolled her eyes, walking up to her bedroom as he followed. He immediately laid himself down on her fuzzy purple blanket, Carl loved Bella's bed. Always had and always would, every time he laid down in that mess of pillows and comfort-he felt like he was at home and nothing could ever bother him. He looked up at his neighbor, the girl admiring herself in the mirror. She was wearing a simple brown dress that reached down to her mid-thighs, it was tight with spaghetti straps and she had matched some gold accessories along with it. Her brown curled hair cascaded over her shoulders in a way that looked like she had put no effort into it at all, her dainty fingers going to take off her hoop earrings and all Carl could do was watch. "You looked good today" He commented under his breath, making her smile.

"Don't I look good every day?" She questioned, wobbling in the place she stood as she slipped off her brown kitten heels.

"Well yeah but...." The Gallagher sighed, his mind spinning so much he couldn't even put the words together. "I dunno. You just looked really pretty today"

"Thanks Carl" Bella spoke, walking over to her drawer to get their 'birthday blunts'. His eyes never left her, she could feel it as she bent over to look through the space-her back was completely turned to Carl and yet she could feel him staring at her ass. "You looked good today too" She ruffled his long hair and passed him a blunt.

Her heart practically skipped a beat at the look he gave her. His blue/green eyes staring up at her so softly as her fingers ran through his hair. He looked so happy to be with her she thought. But he's not with her, Dominique was the one who held on tight to that spot so Bella just ignored the feeling in her chest as she sat beside him. "Happy birthday Carl" She grinned, flicking on her lighter and lighting the object between her fingers.

The Gallagher mimicked her actions, turning to her with a cheesy smile. "Happy Birthday Princess" He said with smoke in his mouth.