23. Winter Formal Pt.1

Bella Leticia Zambada-García walked, Carl to her right and Nick to the left. She was carrying shopping bags after just forcing the two boys to accompany her on her dress shopping experience. They entered her home, the girl setting the bags on the table and sitting on the couch while the boys remained standing. "We gotta go on some runs but here" Carl extends his hand out to her. "Me and Nick figured you'd need this tonight" He winks and she grabs two condoms from his hand.

She sighs, looking up at him in thought. "I mean, I guess it's about time" The brunette shrugs, she was mature in every other way (she thinks) and it wouldn't hurt to just give it a try. Andre isn't a bad contender for someone to lose your virginity to, certainly much better than Carl. She daps both of the boys up, Carl going in for a quick hug before leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Today could be the day. The day she would always remember, the day where she was no longer a kid. She was becoming a woman and although she was young, she felt like she was 40 going on 41 emotionally. So what's the big deal? Bella hummed absentmindedly, bringing her dress up to her room to hang it on the closet door and grabbing her curling iron that she was gonna bring to V's in a little bit. That was when she heard a knock at her door. She walked down, her eyebrows furrowed because she wasn't expecting anyone and half wondering if maybe Carl had forgotten something.Nothing could've prepared her for the sight she was about to see. Upon opening the door, there right in front of her, stood her father and her mother. Her eyes widened immediately and she could see four large, black vans that were carrying her father's 'protection'.

The Latina shook her head in disbelief, closing her eyes and opening them dramatically to make sure this wasn't just a weird dream. "Get those vans the fuck out of here" She gestures, knowing those vans were full of men-all armed to the teeth with guns and other 'useful' equipment.

"Well aren't you gonna say hello?" Her mom asks and those words make Bella's skin boil-she attempts to slam the door closed but is prevented by her father jamming his foot in the doorway.

"Bella, I pay for this house so let us in!" She can hear her father's thick accent, English wasn't his primary language and the only time he used it was when he was in the US (which wasn't often). Bella let the door go, backing off and deciding to act like this isn't a big deal. Come to think of it, Bella hasn't seen her parents in the same setting since she was about three years old so the memories were already growing hazy.

"Why are you guys here?" Bella coldly asks before adding. "You're not staying here, are you?"

"Well you always complain about how we're never here for you as parents so we thought it would be nice to show up for a little birthday present!" Her mom starts and the girl can't help the disgusted look on her face. "Most fifteen year old girls get quinceañeras but you get us!"

"Well, first off all; my birthday isn't for another two months" The teen starts, making their faces fall. "And second, the biggest present you could give me is never seeing either of you again"

"¡Ay jodido! ¡Elvia! Dijiste que era su cumpleaños" Arturo exclaims, throwing his arms up in exasperation.
[Oh fuck! Elvia! You said it was her birthday]

"Pensé que era" The mother shrugs as her daughter glares, crossing her arms. "Listen, I know we haven't been the best but I wanna do something good for you at least once"
[I thought it was]

Bella stands tall, putting her face up in her mother's before grumbling. "You fucking left me" Her words are harsh and she walks away following them, going up the steps to grab her dress and curling iron. As soon as her white door slams behind her, she sets herself back against it-breathing out a shaky breath.