Chapter 7: Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Chapter 7: Owner of a Lonely Heart

By now, even Addison notices the talking. The talking, mostly among the interns although the Attendings are no exception to this rule either. The talk about her being an adulteress bitch and for having cheated on the stupidly "perfect" McDreamy. Like they knew anything at all about him.

And as much as Addison despises everyone for talking behind her back about her, she hates them even more for talking behind their backs about Meredith. Because this is the last thing the intern deserves after having been sick as a dog in a dirty bar bathroom. They look at both of them as if they were an exhibit - like an exotic bird or a panda at the zoo.

And though Meredith's so-called friends say they should really do something about it they don't. And instead, they participate in the sport all the while claiming they are her friends. She even caught the tail end of one of them saying "not to tell Meredith because that panda at the zoo exhibit probably died alone".

And that is IT for Addison. That is all the hell she can take. So she storms over to all of the interns that are gathering by the nurses' station and she knocks their goddamned charts right out of their goddamned hands as she yells at them to "GO BE A FUCKING DOCTOR YOU PEOPLE" before she moves to turn on her coattails and to storm away, seething.

That is until she looks down from the stunned interns and she spies a crumpled paper that looks familiar next to Cristina Yang's foot. It looks suspiciously like the note she wrote to Meredith that evening when she dropped her off at her house and she's a bit surprised that someone other than Meredith might be carrying it around.

She doesn't want all the other interns to see it too, so she quickly picks it up and walks around to Cristina's other side so she can stick it back into her palm and whisper in her ear to "be a responsible citizen and to take care of what needs to be taken care of" in a cryptically loaded and warning tone before she walks away quickly before Cristina can see the ghosted paleness of Addison Montgomery's face.

"Th-thanks" Cristina stutters a bit as she watches Addison walking away and she crumples the note back into a call before securing it in the breast pocket of her scrub top.

And then Addison walks her way up to the nurse's station so she can pick up all of her charts in her arms so that no one can see how she writes in them because she has a sort of suspicion that there's going to be some sort of sleuth game about to be going on here.

And also, so she can reassign Doctor Grey to a case that's worth having with Richard Webber today because hell, she knows Meredith deserves for something special to happen and it wasn't going to be with her.

Cristina is searching for Mer's 'mystery man' again.

You see, despite Meredith's prior recommendation to her earlier that she stop looking out for the 'mystery man,' she decides to herself - because she's Meredith's person - that is - that Mer really would rather know who said 'mystery man' is but she's just too exhausted to care to do complete the search herself.

And so she begins her day scouring every sample of handwriting she can get her hands on to see if it matches the cursive from the note. Cristina figures she has a half-decent shot at finding it here among all of the men at Seattle Grace because the Emerald City Bar is just footfalls away from the hospital and the only people who really go there late at night on the weekdays are the people who work here.

People who work here, plus patient's loved ones who need to get wasted well out of their minds but Cristina has rationalized that no patient's family would walk Meredith up to her bedroom and not try anything slutty with her because they'd likely all be too strung out on their own family stuff to ever want to complicate themselves in any of Meredith's without getting any sex back in return.