Chapter 30: It's The End Of The World, Part One

Author's Note:

This one is short because I'm going to do my damndest to publish two chapters as soon as I can write them, and I thought I'd release this part earlier than usual as a teaser.

I hope you enjoy, please leave a comment at the end :D

Thanks for the wonderful praise of yesterday's nonexistent sex.

Who would have known that 'hypothetical love is not dead?'

(If you comment and understand that reference, I will love it.)

bobbiejelly

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

Addison had no idea that, as she got dressed in her office to head soon to the bar;

That Meredith had had one of the most peaceful naps ever after having come so hard like she needed to.

And that Meredith would be awake, alert and enthusiastic then-

About whatever life had to throw at her later that night at the bar.

Even 'mystery-person-shaped-things' and 'Addison Montgomery-shaped-things'...

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, bobbiejelly .NOW RATED E FOR EXPLICIT. You're welcome :)

Chapter 30: It's The End Of The World, Part One

When Meredith wakes up from a most wonderful nap, she's feeling ecstatic.

She feels like she's rested a million years.

The last time she felt that well-rested was when she had been napping with Addison.

This time she's waking up alone, though, in an on-call room in the hospital.

Meredith checks her watch as she smiles. It was almost time to head to Joe's!

She couldn't wait to drink the day away with her friends.

And she couldn't wait to see the clothes that Addison had packed for her.

She almost wants to peek at them, but she realizes that Addison still had her backpack in her car.

So instead, Meredith wanders the halls in search of new scrubs, which she changes herself into.

Meredith decides that she can get out her evening clothes anytime, anyhow, when she heads to the bar because she still has Addison's keys attached to her own keychain.

Meredith enjoys the weight of the two of the keychains, and she runs her fingers over Addison's car keys.

She's feeling how the heavy weight to her boss's Mercedes' keys feels inside of her hands.

She decides that she likes it.

(She REALLY, likes it...)

As Meredith does this, she's filled with a sense of self-purpose and determination.

Somehow she feels something different is in the air tonight. Even different, only for HER.

Out of all of the recent trials and tribulations with Derek and with Addison and with Divorces (Addison's and Derek's...) and the Mystery Lover(s) and the Drunken Night(s)? And the Blackout(s)? and the Bar(s)?...