Chapter 18: Break On Through Part Eight

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

"ADDIE" Richard Webber waves over, as Addison smiles back at him.

"Well you sure look like you're in a good mood today" he smiles at you too.

"Well, I just got some Cheetos and slur- drank some Diet Doctor Pepper so I'm all good to go again-"

"Oh well that's great then you can help out with our help with a consult," Richard says to her still smiling brightly.

"Ah- Ok I will be right. I just have to get a drink I'm so thirsty" Addison fumbles

"Didn't you just say you drank a Doctor Pepper?" Richard asks her, seeing her right through her lies. "I can't have you running off to the washroom every ten minutes during surgery now you know that now Addie," Richard says in a gentle tone.

"Right, of course, Richard. Just let me go to the washroom first so that won't be a problem." Addison recovers, rightly, finally.

"Meet me in O.R. Two when you're done. We have a semi-urgent patient to work on with Doctors Burke, Bailey and Shepherd. I expect you can all be on your very best behavior even given the circumstances." (OH. SHIT. BAILEY. BURKE. AND GOD FUCKING DAMNIT. DEREK!)

Richard says this with a sort of a tense tone this time. Because he can't feel what's going on with Addie for real, all he can feel is that Addie is nervous and starts to shake a bit. HE blames this all on her history with -Shepherd.

"Of course Richard," Addison says very politely. "You know I always do my job right." She adds on. (Well if Richard wants nice I'll play NICER than Derek, you'll see.)

"That you do very well, Addison," Richard says to her in a compliment. "You always have, and that's why I always want to keep you around." He says sweetly. (AWE!)

And Addison smiles up at him before rushing off as fast as she can to splash some goddamn cold water down her face.

(As Addison ponders then, idly to herself, that it's good Richard Webber still likes me a heck of a lot - because he's basically a transplanted Dad to Meredith Grey....)

Chapter 18: Break On Through, Part Eight

(Addison huffs as she rubs on her forearms in the scrub room. 'The last thing that I needed today was to be in an operating room with Richard Webber, Preston Burke and my REALLY soon to be ex-husband Derek Shepherd. The very last thing she wanted today.)

(At the very least, at least Bailey will be there to keep me company and hopefully, to dispel some of the tension'. Addison sighs inwardly at that one. At least she won't be the only female..).

(Plus, there's also the nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something here. Oh right - I am. I'm forgetting that as we speak, the interns are probably finishing up most of their days and they will be heading off to - what - go out for dinner? Have dinner at home? Go drinking? Go to Joe's.)

"JOE's" Addison curses aloud.

"Huh?" Miranda Bailey asks, looking up at Addison rather expectantly.

"Oh- I- I went out to Joe's a while back and I forgot something important there. I just remembered I have to call Joe- Or go to Joe's right after work" Addison says to Bailey who seems to accept it.

"Glad to see you're building a life for yourself here in Seattle," Bailey says to her genuinely.

"Thanks, Bailey," Addison says to her. You're a good friend, you know." Addison adds.